Ok Who Is A-Smokin' What This Weekend - The Cat Is Back.

Started by Oldman, May 17, 2006, 11:40:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

westexasmoker

Welcome to the forum Deerman!

Lots of fine folks and advice here, welcome aboard!

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

Deerman47

Thanks. Have been here for a long time, but never joined in.

Savannahsmoker

Iceman as a retired serviceman of a little over 35 years I have to thank you for taking the troops into your home.  I do remember, as a yankee, being invited for Sunday Dinner in many places in the South.  It sure makes one's day.  Thanks again.

Smokin Soon

More Canidian Bacon for x-mas handouts a few wings for a snack and a pork roast.

deb415611

SS,

I accept x-mas handouts.

Nobody ever gives me food - I don't get it......... I like to eat.

deb

La Quinta

Deb...you are rockstar smoker chick!!  Really great post...made us hungry...that's all that counts...  :)

sherlock

Getting a little busy here. At least for me. I know some of you seem to smoke many times a week. I can usually manage once a week if I am lucky.

I have an "inhanced" turkey that requires no cure thawing now and will smoke it Saturday. I have some Buckboard Bacon thats been curing since the 10th. I will smoke that on Sunday. Last night I placed a 22 # fresh ham in a brine and will start smoking it Monday night. Tonight, I am grinding up twenty-eight pounds of boston butt to make about sausage. Brats, Italian & a mild breakfast sausage that I give out to some friends for Christmas.

I love it

deb415611

Christmas Bacon!  Maple on left,  Black Pepper on right -

Click on pics to enlarge

Decided that I will make some pasta for Christmas Eve dinner - did a small batch of italian sausage to go with it -

Bacon Chicken wraps for dinner but no pics.

Didn't get 1/2 as much as I needed to get done today.  Tomorrow is cheesecake & pasta making day!  It's going to snow again so won't be able to smoke anything. 

Deb

westexasmoker

Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

Smoking Duck

Oh my Deb.  That looks awesome and I love a woman who makes Italian sausage.

I tell you what....if you were single and I was 24 again, I'd sweep you off of your feet. (Same goes for my girl, LQ)  ;) ;D

That look sgreat and as always, thank you very much for the pics!

SD

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

Tenpoint5

I think I'd give Duck a run for his money. Hey if we was 24 again we'd still be dumb enough to fight for a woman. Everything looks great there Deb! How did the Sheekin rollups turn out for you?
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

deb415611

Quote from: Smoking Duck on December 20, 2008, 05:57:18 PM

I tell you what....if you were single and I was 24 again, I'd sweep you off of your feet. (Same goes for my girl, LQ)  ;) ;D

SD

You & Consigs are not the only Italians here  ;).   I'll make extra pasta for my dad to take home.  Makes him very happy.  I keep changing the menu but I think I'm going to make gnocchi  & fettucine.   Got to decide on sauce(s)...   

deb415611

Do I get to be 24 again too? 

10.5 -- they worked out well.  I ended up not doing the cream cheese.  Used dill havarti inside instead.  Yummy! 

Tenpoint5

I'm not sure I wanna be 24 again. Just think of all the smoker knowledge that would be lost. Come to think of it I was starting my 8 year practice marriage when I was 24. Don't wanna do that again.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Smoking Duck

Quote from: deb415611 on December 20, 2008, 06:08:30 PM
Quote from: Smoking Duck on December 20, 2008, 05:57:18 PM

SD

You & Consigs are not the only Italians here  ;).   I'll make extra pasta for my dad to take home.  Makes him very happy.  I keep changing the menu but I think I'm going to make gnocchi  & fettucine.   Got to decide on sauce(s)...   

Mama Mia!  I'll bet you even give that DeLaurentis girl a run for her money, too!  ;)  I never could put my finger on it,  but I knew there was something about you  ;D  I was just sitting back a little while ago and thinking back to going to my Grandmothers house every Sunday and the first thing that hit you was her gravy that had been simmering for three days straight.  She even made 2 batches...one for the adults and one for the kids.  I knew I had become a man when they allowed me to have the adult gravy  ;D

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra