Ok Who Is A-Smokin' What This Weekend - The Cat Is Back.

Started by Oldman, May 17, 2006, 11:40:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tenpoint5

Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Caneyscud

Deb,  That has ham one good looking tan and tanlines.  Bet a piece of that would taste wonderful in my Blackeyes on New Years!

My phone number is BR549
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

Smoking Duck

I can be reached at 867-5309.  Jenny might answer, so just ask for me.  ;D

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

Smokin Soon

Some thin sliced marinaded butt, smoked and finished on the grill.

Tried some legs done with the Louisiana Hot Sauce & egg battered and rolled in flour. After 2 hours of Maple

Dipped, battered and into the Big Easy

Got some dark spots, I kind of like the taste. Pretty cool for no oil!

These were delish! Next time I wiill use the idea someone had to spice up the flour to bring up the heat.

westexasmoker

That looks great SS...did ya get much of batter crust doing it this way?  I've thought about trying that same thing with the BE but just never got around to it!

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

Smokin Soon

They had a nice batter crust, but dont use the cover on unless you are not happy with browning vrs it. I also find myself taking legs and thighs to 190 instead of 170. Worth a try, but spice the flour or use a hotter sauce than Louisiana.

Buck36

That thin sliced pork butt looks incredible! How did you like it?

Is it different texture by grilling versus a slow cook?

FLBentRider

Beef Roast, 2 Brisket flats and a point getting JB Oak as I type this.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Smokin Soon

Buck. the thin sliced butt is and old favorite of mine. Picked up the taste over in the Phillipines where it is commonly sold by street vendors on a stick. My marinades will vary, but it needs a salt, a sweet and some spices. A basic would be white vinagar, minced garlic and some soda, 7-up or what ever you have, thats just where it picks up some sugar. A thin sliced butt does not need a long cook time to be good. Smoke for at least 2 hours at 190, more in a cold climate. You want do transfer to the grill as it starts to transform from a flesh color to a little bit brown. On the grill hot glaze with your fav sauce. Good cheap eats!!
This batch had Dale's Sauce added, I use the low-sodium version.

FLBentRider

I've got 16lbs of Cheese going in tomorrow morning, and I just put 8lbs of eye round roast jerky in the cure.

for Sunday football eats, We're going to defrost a frozen already smoked prok butt from last weekend and put it in the crock pot with some Sop'n sauce.

MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

drano

This weekend is a couple 5 lb batches of smoked sausage that I ground/mixed/stuffed today.
Hope it turns out good.
get smokin
drano

La Quinta

FLBent...you will not be disappointed...we have done that many times!! (Perhaps you have as well?) Dang that sauce is good!!!

FLBentRider

LQ,
I think this is the first pork-butt-re-heat-crock-pot meal, but I don't think it will be the last.

We inventoried the chest freezer and found one more pork butt than we thought. I almost have a full OBS load in the freezer..  ???

MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

deb415611

I have a brisket & pork butt to go in later today.

I'm going to do some Cabot 75% reduced fat sharp cheddar before the brisket & pork butt.  I had to go to the office this week and brought some that I did before Christmas.  It was a huge hit,  I think more was eaten than the regular cheddar.  It took the smoke really well. 

La Quinta

I'm gonna try that Deb....have the offset cold smoke box set to arrive Tuesday....looking forward to trying to smoke cheese without it turning into soup (still hovering around 80 here)!!

I'm sure I'll have a lot of questions for everyone!!  :)