Hello from Whidbey island

Started by Snoopy, June 24, 2013, 07:55:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tenpoint5

Quote from: Akasnoopy on June 25, 2013, 11:25:27 PMOn the other hand I get the 4 now and the 6 later, I mean you can never have too many right lol.
Uh just say'n, I now have 2 6 racks. ;D
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Alanfromwis

[quote author=Akasnoopy
Thanks for all the welcomes also, and salmon, in oak harbor, only Whidbey I know of anyways.

Any body run the smoker off a generator before? We go camping a lot and was thinking about bringing it with for some of the longer trips, have a 2000 watt CPE very quite gen and a huge 7500 watt scare the bears away gen, I know it would run on the biggen, may try it on the little one unless advised otherwise.

Both 4 & 6 rack use 500 watt elements + 125 watts for smoke generator for 625 watts. If you later add a 2nd 500 watt or single watt 900 finned element you will be at 1125 watts with dual 500 or 1025 watts with finned 900. 2kw is plenty of current.

Alan 
Retirement means every day is Saturday except Sunday

MoHuka

MoSmoker

Snoopy

Thanks Alan, I'll Be Giving It A ShoT. Figured WattS I Was Good On, Its The Amps That Mess With My Little Gen That Give Me The Issues Sometimes. Cant Hurt To Try it.

Alanfromwis

Quote from: Akasnoopy
Thanks Alan, I'll Be Giving It A ShoT. Figured WattS I Was Good On, Its The Amps That Mess With My Little Gen That Give Me The Issues Sometimes. Cant Hurt To Try it.
/quote]
  1125 watts divided by 120 vac = 9.375 amps, & 1025 watts divided by 120 vac = 8.54 amps. Your 2000 watts is probably peak & 2000 watts divided by 120 vac = 16.67 amps.
Retirement means every day is Saturday except Sunday

Snoopy

Ordered it today can't wait. Best place/price for bisquettes? I've got yard and pool saved as an over all same price for all flavors, have been looking through this site and have ideas, my buddy has amazon prime so I may just have him get em since its free 2 day.

Snoopy

I've got 72 hours worth of bisquettes, my igrill, bubba pucks on the way, and my smoker should be here Monday...gettin excited

Saber 4

Just pulled my first bacon off the rack, can't wait for breakfast in the morning, hope you get yours quick. By the way I'm just southeast of Dallas but don't know anyone in aviation industry but there is lots of it down here, Bell helicopter is in the area along with lot's of airline maintenance.

Snoopy

yeah, i've been looking at some of the companies, dropped a resume to gulfstream but being that i'm about 10 months out didn't figure id get a hit on it. I'm really hoping to land something down there, sooner then later hopefully. not really worried about staying in aviation either, just something i know and figure will be easy to get into. wouldn't mind a nice suit and tie job lol. anything that pays the bills and takes care of the fam works for me.

On the smoker side, still waiting on it, gonna call home depot here shortly and see what the expected date is. did pick up a small brisket, a pork shoulder, and got a kickin deal on some sockeye salmon, 2.5 lbs for under $8. the commisary on base is closed on Mon and Tue now so Sunday about 1-2 hours before close is the best time to go hit the fish dep. up, got 5 stuffed sockey filets for $11, those went with the steaks last night. saving the 2.5 to smoke can't wait.

Saber 4

I'll keep my eye on the news and such for job fair's that you could possibly take leave for, There are usually several a year that specialize in placing vet's in good jobs here in the Dallas area. I sure miss the commissary having to shop on the local economy can be a bum deal sometimes.

Snoopy

yeah, i hear ya. we do a mix of out in town and the comm, sometimes there better sometimes not so much. and theres always the rumor that they jack prices up right around pay day. oh well. As for the job fairs, thanks, i'm all ears, i've been hitting some around here but being that i have roughly 10 months before available, its been more of a just to get experience going to them thing right now.

Snoopy

picked it up at lunch, took it home, unwrapped it, brought the owners manual back to work with me. 2 more hours till i get to go season it. funny part is, i already knew everything from the owners manual from being on here like it's a religion.

Snoopy

Seasoning now, threw mesquite in there, was gonna do it with whiskey oak, but wanna save that for the food

Saber 4

Congrats, make sure you have your photobucket account setup so you can post pictures of your first smoke. Can't wait to see how it turns out for you.

Salmonsmoker

Get that thing dirty Snoopy! We like to see pictures of your cooks.
Give a man a beer and he'll waste a day.
Teach him how to brew and he'll waste a lifetime.