Hello from Whidbey island

Started by Snoopy, June 24, 2013, 07:55:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snoopy

plannin on it, gonna run home during lunch today and throw my brisket on, went small for my first "test" run, only a 2.5 brisket, rubbed it down last night and stuck it in the fridge. can't wait

ragweed

Heck, you shoulda taken the day off.  You can't be getting much done at work  ;D

Snoopy

never do. My boss just got back from 3 weeks leave so when the plane left at 11 I told him I was leaving, call me if he needed me. briskets been on for about an hour 30 now. I did cheat on the rub with some store bought stuff, will get into mixing my own soon. but also mixed some apple juice and jack in a spray bottle and am hitting it on the hour marks or so, just a lite mist. now lets see if I can work this photo thing. this is about an hour in.

Saber 4

Try not to open to much, they say if you're looking you aint cooking, I use boiling water in my pan's for faster recovery time when I do have to open up.

Snoopy

Yeah that probably has to do with a lot of the time it took me tonight. Howell, I was excited about it and learned some stuff. Overall satisfied.

Saber 4

That's some good looking bark, I bet it tasted great.

Snoopy

it was pretty good, sweet and smokey. now for the next project, pork shoulder with Jans Rub. wrapped and in the fridge for the night, 4.5lbs, gonna throw on early morning and hope for dinner tomorrow.

Snoopy

awesome company. so smoker works but doesn't sit level, found that the back corner looks to have been smashed a little during shipment, i've been putting a wood shim under it to level it out when using but decided that for the price i would call and ask what kind of resolution there could be.
They are having fed ex pick it up next tuesday and once they recieve it they will send me a new one. nothing but respect for this smoker and company.

Slacker

dman4505

Quote from: Snoopy on July 11, 2013, 09:31:43 AM
awesome company. so smoker works but doesn't sit level, found that the back corner looks to have been smashed a little during shipment, i've been putting a wood shim under it to level it out when using but decided that for the price i would call and ask what kind of resolution there could be.
They are having fed ex pick it up next tuesday and once they recieve it they will send me a new one. nothing but respect for this smoker and company.

Welcome from a former "Squid",  "Thank you for your service!!!!"
That brisket sure looked good congrats

Don
Air Force BRAT
Navy Vet
"I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight."

The Man's Prayer: I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.