Cold Smoking Mod ... the cheap way.

Started by alseguin, June 27, 2013, 04:16:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GusRobin

It is not unusual to taste like an ashtray when you first smoke the cheese. Wrap it and throw in the fridge for a month or two. Shouldn't get moldy if you vac seal or wrap tight. If it does, just cut the mold off. Don't freeze as it doesn't freeze well.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

Quarlow

I know that Nepas has had cheese vac sealed in his fridge for 12 to 14 months no problem. Never, never eat cheese right out of the smoker.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

alseguin

Thanks GusRobin and Quarlow for the input. I don't have a vac seal but tightly wrapped in plastic and in a freezer bag. Will wait a month before I try again. I hope it gets better  so the wife rewards me lol.
Cheers from a wet smoker in Eastern Ontario ...... rain all day today again. Worst season for rain I've seen in decades.

DetroitSmoke

I went to Kroger and bought Cheddar, Monterey Jack, Swiss. Pepper Jack, Cojack and a few others.  Out of all of them the Pepper Jack was by far the big winner.
Bradley BTIS1
Dual Element or Single w/switch
convection fan/switch, extra racks
Big Chief cold smoke gen
Kirkland SS Gas Grill
Please buy me a dual probe PID