BBQ RIB Sausage

Started by Tenpoint5, June 29, 2013, 08:08:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tenpoint5

Those that know me. Know that every now and then I get into "Mad Scientist Mode". Well it happened again. I got this idear in my head that I wanted to make a sausage that tasted like BBQ RIBS! After a few hours of  taste testing,  I got what I wanted. So I started stuffing sausages and ended up with this.

Now I had to grill a couple links to see how everything came together. Now I used my SRG to do the grilling, so the flavor may change some over charcoal. The flavor and texture was really close to what I wanted. Once I added some bbq sauce for dipping it was a dead ringer for BBQ RIBS!

These are fresh sausages so no cure was added and they did not take a ride in the smoker.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Saber 4

Looks like a pretty good "mad scientist" episode, looking forward to seeing the recipe when you post it (hint hint) :D

Tenpoint5

Quote from: Saber 4 on June 29, 2013, 08:28:02 PM
Looks like a pretty good "mad scientist" episode, looking forward to seeing the recipe when you post it (hint hint) :D

Need a few more taste testers on this before I do that. The MWSO will be a good place to find them.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Saber 4

If diesel wasn't so expensive I'd drive up your way to help with that tasting, but I'll bet your test subjects will enjoy their tasting exercises.

terry08

Man those look yummy. Rib sausage would be a hit with anyone.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

beefmann

looking good and good idea

NePaSmoKer

I get to eat some in August nanner nanner nanner

nanner nanner nanner   ;D

pensrock

QuoteI get to eat some in August nanner nanner nanner
;D ;D ;D

ragweed

OMG Can't wait for August!

wkahler

That kind of reminds me of when i am at the Petro and see the Cheeseburger brats on the roller food table LOL!!!  I bet these will be a hit, will be standing by for the critics reviews so we can have the recipe, nice job as always!
The smoking lamp is lit!!!

cobra6223

Can't wait for Aug 10.....lookin good Chris !!

Tenpoint5

OK I found the pictures for this one. So After Nepas did some taste testing at the MWSO, and gave me the thumbs up without using any extra sauce. (After he ate 2 of them!! :o ;D) Here is the recipe I created for making these. Give them a try and let me know what you think!

5 pounds of Boston Butt

1 Baseball sized Sweet Onion and 8-10 little Dill Pickles

Everybody through the grinder

Mix in 1 Tablespoon per pound of meat of this

Also mix in 1/4 cup of your favorite BBQ Sauce. After mixing in the BBQ Sauce, let the everything sit in the fridge for an hour to allow the meat to suck up some of the liquids from the sauce.

Stuff into Hog Casings and flash freeze prior to vac sealing or put them right on the grill. I liked these better after a freeze thaw cycle myself. The flavors com through much better, and the extra dipping sauce isn't needed.

Tenpoint5

Of course you could also just form these into patties and grill them also

NePaSmoKer

Yeah these was the Schiznet  ;D

ragweed

Sounds great, Chris.  But what if I can't find the Weber seasoning?  What's in it besides sea salt?