BBQ RIB Sausage

Started by Tenpoint5, June 29, 2013, 08:08:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tenpoint5

Quote from: ragweed on September 16, 2013, 10:13:03 AM
Sounds great, Chris.  But what if I can't find the Weber seasoning?  What's in it besides sea salt?

I'm thinking it would be easier to just send you a bottle of the stuff if you can't find it Joe!!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

ragweed

Thanks, I'll let you know.

rveal23

These sounds really good. And I like the idea of patties as well 10.5. I have some pork butt in the freezer time to whip it out and get these cooking!
* DBS w/ 900watt Mod
* Webber Kettle Grill
* Hybrid Grill

STLstyle

Just ordered some casings.  Gonna try these for sure.  Ribs in brat format is strong to very strong...
DBS 6 Rack
Dual 500W Element Mod
BBQ Guru DigiQ / Raptor Combo

Tenpoint5

Quote from: STLstyle on September 16, 2013, 12:24:28 PM
Ribs in brat format is strong to very strong...
They are good! More to the very strong side of your scale!

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

GusRobin

Thanks Chris - definitely will try these soon.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

pikeman_95

Very interesting Chris. They sound great. I love ribs and to have the taste just a sausage and grill away.
KC

rveal23

If the stars align this weekend I will be trying out this recipe.. Let you know how it goes.
* DBS w/ 900watt Mod
* Webber Kettle Grill
* Hybrid Grill

Tenpoint5

Quote from: rveal23 on September 20, 2013, 03:39:13 PM
If the stars align this weekend I will be trying out this recipe.. Let you know how it goes.

Look forward to your results and thoughts on it. I'm sure you will be happy with the results.

ragweed

Made a batch of these yesterday and boy are they good.  Fried up the stuffer left over to try, got out the BBQ sauce and didn't need it!  I took 10.5's advise and let the completed sausage sit a while before stuffing to let the meat soak up some of the liquid.  In fact, I let it go over night.  Stuffed just fine.  Definitely gonna make again...soon!  Here's what mine look like.

Thanks again, Chris.  Another "Mad Scientist" success!

Saber 4

devo

pikeman_95

I think it is a great idea. I rarely make just fresh sausage but these sound like something that should be just great on the grill.
KC

GusRobin

So I had some ground pork in the freezer so I thought I would try making this. I also had to make some what I call "Plain Ole' Sausage". I had just under 5 pounds of pork so I made ~2.5 lbs of each.
Here is a pic of the final result. I "rolled" the BBQ rib meat that was left in the stuffer and fried some for lunch.
In the pic is the BBQ rib sausage (upper left), plain ole sausage (upper right) and the fried rib leftovers on the plate.

Chris, I think you hit a home run on this as I really enjoyed it.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

Saber 4

I have got to learn to make sausage!!!!!