BBQ RIB Sausage

Started by Tenpoint5, June 29, 2013, 08:08:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tenpoint5

And you guys all thought I was insane! Especially when I said to put baby dill pickles inthe sausage. Mentally Creativesounds so much better! ;D

Im really happy you guys enjoyed them!

Saber you cant get much easier than these. Dice up the veggies. Buy some ground pork and the weber seasoning and some bbq sauce mix it all together. Let sit for and hour or overnight.  Form into patties and grill. You have bbq rib sausage patties. Making sausage is not as hard as we lead ourselves to believe.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Saber 4

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on September 22, 2013, 08:43:32 AM
And you guys all thought I was insane! Especially when I said to put baby dill pickles inthe sausage. Mentally Creativesounds so much better! ;D

Im really happy you guys enjoyed them!

Saber you cant get much easier than these. Dice up the veggies. Buy some ground pork and the weber seasoning and some bbq sauce mix it all together. Let sit for and hour or overnight.  Form into patties and grill. You have bbq rib sausage patties. Making sausage is not as hard as we lead ourselves to believe.

I just got the kitchen ready to start on that Hi Mtn Brat kit that Judy got me to try. I've got two big butts(no jokes) ready to cut up and grind, I think I'm going to do about 5 lbs of the brats and then use the rest of the breakfast sausage seasoning up on the rest. Then I'll be done with the pre-mixed stuff and can start mixing my own stuff up.

rveal23

Prepping and getting everything ready to grind then stuff and make some patties if possible
* DBS w/ 900watt Mod
* Webber Kettle Grill
* Hybrid Grill

rveal23

OK here is my process for these great links/Burgers. Thanks 10.5

Everything turned out awesome! Great NEW experience with making Links!
I will be having the links tonight with all my buddies for the Monday Night Football game!
Everyone Loved the Burgers and were amazed when they tasted them.  Now I have wifey behind me whenever I want to make this again.
* DBS w/ 900watt Mod
* Webber Kettle Grill
* Hybrid Grill

Sailor

I got some great photos of......Sorry this person deleted or moved the image   :o

Enough ain't enough and too much is just about right.

Saber 4

Quote from: Sailor on September 23, 2013, 12:02:42 PM
I got some great photos of......Sorry this person deleted or moved the image   :o

X2

Northern_Smoke

Just one question but I thought I had seen it asked before but after re reading the post several times I can't find it. You said 1/4 cup of your favorite bbq sauce, is that in total for the 5 pounds? Or is it per pound like the rest of the ingredients?

Thanks, I am hoping to make these this weekend since I was able to order the weber spices online from the next city over from us :)
Bob and Doug Mckenzie encompass all that is Canadian ehh.

ragweed

Quote from: Northern_Smoke on September 27, 2013, 06:35:20 AM
Just one question but I thought I had seen it asked before but after re reading the post several times I can't find it. You said 1/4 cup of your favorite bbq sauce, is that in total for the 5 pounds? Or is it per pound like the rest of the ingredients?

Thanks, I am hoping to make these this weekend since I was able to order the weber spices online from the next city over from us :)

I used 1/4 cup total.  I'll let Chris correct me but I think more than that would be too wet.  I let it sit overnight and had no problems stuffing the next day.  Unlike my Reubens !!

RexLan

It is such a pain in the rear to post I just gave up.  However, this seems worth a mention.  I made these this weekend and they taste absolutely NOTHING like BBQ ribs and I make some pretty decent ribs.  I didn't think they would but I was so curious I could not help myself.  I only made a half batch as well.

To me, they taste just about like meat loaf!

Yes, I followed the recipe exactly.

Tenpoint5

Quote from: ragweed on September 27, 2013, 08:02:15 AM
Quote from: Northern_Smoke on September 27, 2013, 06:35:20 AM

I used 1/4 cup total.  I'll let Chris correct me but I think more5 than that would be too wet.  I let it sit overnight and had no problems stuffing the next day.  Unlike my Reubens !!

Yes I used only 1/4 cup for the 5 pound batch.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Tenpoint5

Quote from: RexLan on September 27, 2013, 11:02:57 AM
It is such a pain in the rear to post I just gave up.  However, this seems worth a mention.  I made these this weekend and they taste absolutely NOTHING like BBQ ribs and I make some pretty decent ribs.  I didn't think they would but I was so curious I could not help myself.  I only made a half batch as well.

All the code checking and stuff stops after 5 posts. Thanks for posting your results. Not everyones tastes are the same. You still gotta try to come up with new stuff every once in a while. What flavor do you think it is missing to make it taste more like ribs or should we say your ribs? Im open for some ideas and suggestions.

pikeman_95

You are right Chris. A new delight does not come with out some experimentation. I remember when we were trying to make a tender dog while using too much wild meat. We added a bunch of extenders [crackers] to try to avoid the tough fat reduced dogs. Now that tasted like meat loaf. I mean mushy meat loaf. The test batch was OK but when we sized it up BLAA!!! The funny thing is I worked with a guy that had 4 boys and they ate it all and wanted to know if there was more. I have no idea how they could stand them. I like the looks of this sausage you made and will just have to think about it a little more. Probably one taste that will be hard to add is the flavor of the bark you get on a batch of ribs. Any ideas how to accomplish this. You might add some sauce to the sausages as you cook then on the grill. They might take on a little bark flavor doing that.
KC

RexLan

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on September 27, 2013, 05:43:55 PM
Quote from: RexLan on September 27, 2013, 11:02:57 AM

All the code checking and stuff stops after 5 posts. Thanks for posting your results. Not everyones tastes are the same. You still gotta try to come up with new stuff every once in a while. What flavor do you think it is missing to make it taste more like ribs or should we say your ribs? Im open for some ideas and suggestions.

BBQ Ribs (pork) are pretty generic actually with the variation being the sauce.  You can use a basic Kansas City or North Carolina.  My ribs are no exception, I make both and I get a lot of repeat guests. 

I make a new sausage every month to try things.  I was simply amazed at this thread so I had to give it a try.  Not for me but you are right, gotta try new things.