Bulk spice storage.

Started by 300saum, July 07, 2013, 07:46:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

300saum

The more I get into making sausage, I find myself acquiring more and more spices.  I have been racking my head for the best way to store them.  I looked into using mason jars, but they take up more room than I'm willing to give up.  If anyone is willing to share what they have done that would be great.  Open to ideas at this point!

3rensho

I buy spices in bulk and keep about a two month supply in tightly sealed, small jars in a dark kitchen cabinet.  The remainder I vacuum seal and store in the freezer at -24C until a jar needs replenishing.  Works great.
Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.

Tenpoint5

Quote from: 3rensho on July 07, 2013, 09:45:30 PM
I buy spices in bulk and keep about a two month supply in tightly sealed, small jars in a dark kitchen cabinet.  The remainder I vacuum seal and store in the freezer at -24C until a jar needs replenishing.  Works great.
Vac seal in zipper seal vac bags
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

iceman

Quit buying bulk and just come by my place and use some of mine up.  ;D
Vac sealing works great.

300saum

Will be home on the 11Th and I will swing by and we can catch up.  I came by last time home and you must have been running around.  Dogs were there, but you were not!