Replacement Heating Element Voltage

Started by ChrisEU, July 10, 2013, 04:23:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrisEU

Hi guys,

I own a BS611EU and the heating element doesn't work. A friend of mine had a spare one lying around. Trouble is, he's a soldier at an American airbase here in Germany and his element was shipped from the US to Germany. That has me worried about voltage.

Are the elements different for the 120 and 240 volts versions or can I use it? My high school knowledge about electricity tells me they must be different, but there could also be a voltage converter in the EU Bradley.

Hope someone knows because I'd rather not burn the house down.

Thanks,
Chris

Habanero Smoker

Hi Chris;

Welcome to the forum.

If you go to the UK site, they have a contact/support page. They should be able to answer your question.

Bradley UK Support

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

ChrisEU

Thanks for the tip!

As expected the elements are different.

Habanero Smoker

Sorry to hear they are different. But you should be able to order an element from that same site.

I
         don't
                   inhale.

ChrisEU

Did that. My smoker is still covered by warranty, so one element is free. I ordered a second element, a fan kit from Smoke and Stuff, lightweight pucks, Frogmats, more racks and a trunkload of bisquettes.

I'm all in on this one since I smoked my first pulled pork with the dual probe Auber PID in the Bradley. It's the best thing since sliced bread. Coming home to delicious smoked food without worrying a second about temperature beats real fire hands down. And I can still have real fire on the weekend.

Coming up: beef tenderloin.

Habanero Smoker

Looks like you are pretty well stocked up. Have fun!

I
         don't
                   inhale.