I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

pz

Quote from: Habanero Smoker on July 14, 2013, 01:49:03 AM
That recipe is also on the Recipe Site:
Easy Crusty Bread

The recipe site is really nice to have; great job on that.

By the way, love your avatar; looks almost like John Deere green, which is definitely my favorite tractor company
My online cookbook: good food & friends

Habanero Smoker

The recipe site is a nice area. It was started by Raye (Oldman), who takes care of the cost of running the site on his servers. He and a few other members originally got it up and running.

The avatar is my spring/summer Bradley.  :) When I'm able to remember to change it, there are also special holiday avatars. ;D

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

pz

Quote from: Habanero Smoker on July 15, 2013, 02:05:27 AM
The recipe site is a nice area. It was started by Raye (Oldman), who takes care of the cost of running the site on his servers. He and a few other members originally got it up and running.

The avatar is my spring/summer Bradley.  :) When I'm able to remember to change it, there are also special holiday avatars. ;D

It's great to see people passionate enough to go the extra mile to further the cause.  There are so many instances where the almighty dollar is the only thing that drives people to put forth any kind of effort.

Accolades to Raye, you and the others that make this form such a nice place to be.

SiFumar

Pz...did you have any add ins...like rye? Caraway?

pz

Quote from: SiFumar on July 15, 2013, 07:03:57 PM
Pz...did you have any add ins...like rye? Caraway?

Dang it, no, but we're so new to successful bread that we are thrilled to be able to develop crust of any kind.  The experimentation will surely continue; my wife now wants to use rye flour to make bread for Reubens.  A friend from the UK actually got us started on this method - he posted this instructional video which caused the light bulb to finally come on:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QpQ9Kd3t5I

Do you have any other hints tips on good bread?

PS: we found a place on the 'net that specializes in starters of all kinds, and are planning to try a few that might do well in our environment.  I'd love to be able to do sourdough.

Ka Honu

Fun video - I'll have to check out some of his others.  Thanks for the link.

pz

Quote from: Ka Honu on July 15, 2013, 09:44:35 PM
Fun video - I'll have to check out some of his others.  Thanks for the link.

My pleasure; he's a funny kid that evidently works in a bakery, so his skills are quite developed despite his age.

On an aside, my wife used her iPhone to capture our first loaf crackling just like it is supposed to.  Sorry for the poor quality of the video, but you can hear the bread speaking!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=4mUeHFmD5ZY#at=18

Saber 4

Neat video, I picked up yeast and flour at the store this week so I'm hoping to do the bread this weekend.