LONG TIME SMOKER FROM ILLINOIS

Started by 2CRON714, July 16, 2013, 12:30:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

2CRON714

My wife and I have owned a Bradley smoker for about 20yrs. We have not had one problem with it. We like smoked food so much that we just bought a second smoker. We bought a digital model this time. This just made our smoking 100% easier. It is as close to set it and forget it that you can get with a smoker. Sadly, about 3 hours into a farm raised pork shoulder, we discovered that the bisquette heater went bad. Fortunately we had a new spare already on hand and we were back up and running in less than 30 mins. I placed a call to Bradley the next day and without me even sending back the defective part, they sent out a warranty replacement one. I just can't say enough about their products or their customer service.

Thank you Bradley for years of making great dinners for us.

beefmann

welcome to the forum, and enjoy, glad you  have had your smoker for that long,,, I  have had mine for 8

ragweed

Welcome to the forum from Nebraska.  20 years, wow!  I've only had mine for 5!

TedEbear

Welcome aboard.  Wow, I didn't even know they made this smoker 20 years ago.

Saber 4

Welcome from Texas, glad you got good customer service, that's all I've seen reported here. Knock on wood I haven't had to find out yet.

pz

Welcome from Idaho 2CRON714, It is encouraging to hear about the longevity of many Bradley smokers.  I read a significant number of bad reviews on Amazon - so many in fact that I was already looking for a replacement!  I'm happy that I stuck it out with my original Bradley.  ;)
My online cookbook: good food & friends

2CRON714

Quote from: TedEbear on July 16, 2013, 10:54:06 AM
Welcome aboard.  Wow, I didn't even know they made this smoker 20 years ago.

Yes sir, they've actually been around much longer than that.

2CRON714

Quote from: pz on July 16, 2013, 01:14:16 PM
Welcome from Idaho 2CRON714, It is encouraging to hear about the longevity of many Bradley smokers.  I read a significant number of bad reviews on Amazon - so many in fact that I was already looking for a replacement!  I'm happy that I stuck it out with my original Bradley.  ;)

I have read some of those same reviews and came out with the suspicion that many of those had to have been written by the competition. Of all the smoking I have done, I have not had any of those problems I've read about, just the bisquette heater thing I mentioned and that was with the new one. I've even read some complaining about the bisquette prices. I learned a long time ago that you do not need smoke for the entire cook. I found that the smoke only for the first 1/3 of the estimated total cook time rule, works perfect for me and saves on bisquettes.

Slacker

Welcome to the forum!  It is also nice to hear about great customer service.  It seems to be a thing of the past most places these days.

mahto

tu amigo
mahto

rveal23

Welcome to the forum , from So Cal
* DBS w/ 900watt Mod
* Webber Kettle Grill
* Hybrid Grill