Ordered the Auber dual probe PID

Started by JohnM70, July 16, 2013, 04:08:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnM70

Thanks Tony, I was in the process of writing my plan when your post came in. I was going to use all 6 steps with C03 and C05 to do the wrap and unwrap. This seems a lot easier I can set my Maverick to count down as you suggested.

The spare ribs are not due until Monday, so I will just practice a little.

Thanks again.

John
Bradley 6 Rack BDS with cold smoke attachment, Maverick remote dual temp(2), Thermapen and,  Auber Dual Probe PID, 1300 Watt Mod, Weber Genesis E310

"I keep cutting it off and cutting it off and it is still too short"

JohnM70

I am just a little frustrated!  >:(  I figured out the programming, I think, I follow all the steps and actually understand them. The PID will not heat the tower. I reset the cables, re-entered the program more times than I care to count. reconnected the DBS to the regular configuration and the element heats up. I then checked voltage beginning with the wall receptacle (119V) checked the end of the cable (from the receptacle) and got 119Vs. Check the output of the PID a number of times and got 5 to 6 volts. I am not sure what to do except call on Monday.   

An interesting note you need a different power cord to connect the SG to wall receptacle.  ::) Fortunately I had extra cables from when I returned the SG in November, long story.

Now I must spent Monday watching the tower  temp when I smoke ribs!

John
Bradley 6 Rack BDS with cold smoke attachment, Maverick remote dual temp(2), Thermapen and,  Auber Dual Probe PID, 1300 Watt Mod, Weber Genesis E310

JohnM70

I re-checked the instructions and found I had a little error. I corrected the error and tried again.
This time I had 56 volts coming out of the PID. Well the temp started to rise it got to about 100F so I decided to help by turning the SG on, the temp started to rise then stalled. However, the element is not red. So I am not sure if anything is working correctly. I just shut the SG off and the temp is dropping.

My error was that I put 225F for the internal temp thinking it was the top end of the range. C01 is set for 3 hrs now. But still no rise in temp!

Thought I had found something but not!
John   

JohnM70

Well I thought I knew what I was doing. ::)  I now have a lot of egg on my face. :-[  I called Suyi Liu and he promptly replied with an e-mail (in less than 10 min); subsequent e-mails pointed out the error of my ways. Damn UPSIDE DOWN 'F'!  >:(  I remember reading about this in a couple of tutorials. I must commend Suyi for his quick response and patience. In about an hour I will start a rack of spareribs. They are on the table coming up to room temp.
John

rveal23

No worries, now you know, and now I know what to watch out for if I purchase one. One mans errors teaches another.  Now start smoking! ;D
* DBS w/ 900watt Mod
* Webber Kettle Grill
* Hybrid Grill