Yo! from Philly

Started by joaxe, July 16, 2013, 05:55:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joaxe

Smoker Peeps,

Just bought a new BS611 smoker!  I will have tons of questions getting this thing up and running.  Hope you can help!

Thanks in advance,

Joe
"Eins, Zwei, Zuffa!"

Saber 4

Howdy back at ya from Texas. Do a lot of searching on the forum and whatever you can't find or figure out from the posts ask about and you will get a wealth of knowledge from these guy's. Oh and always remember no pictures and it never happened so post lots of pictures we like them and it helps the experts solve your issues if you have problems. :)

joaxe

Thanks, Saber!  Looking forward to the knowledge!

Joe
"Eins, Zwei, Zuffa!"

ragweed

Welcome to the forum from Nebraska.

pz

Welcome from Idaho, Joe  ;)
My online cookbook: good food & friends

Habanero Smoker

Hi,

Welcome to the forum.

This site may also be useful:
Recipe Site

Bradley FAQ's

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Ketch22

Welcome to the forum from NJ :)

Snoopy

rveal23

* DBS w/ 900watt Mod
* Webber Kettle Grill
* Hybrid Grill

KyNola

beefmann

hello and welcome aboard from so calif

joaxe

Thanks, everybody!

Got my BS611 from Overstock.com for a good price and free shipping!  Looking forward to putting it together this weekend and "seasoning" it.

Questions:

1. Are those Bubba Pucks recommended?  Should I get 2 or 3 of them?  And from where?
2. I plan on getting an Auber PID as I am planning on making "deer jims", smoking lots of venison and such.  Buy directly from Auber?
3. Anything else I need to get started?

(sorry, should this be posted in the BS611 thread?)

Thanks in advance,

Joe
"Eins, Zwei, Zuffa!"

beefmann

bubba pucks or  equivalent, auber has  some  nice  puck savers that  i  run for about a  year, quite  nice... buy  3 of them,  the easy pid to get is the dual probe through auber as well with programmable  steps  to aide is the deer jims and making sausage.

additional items may want to  consider

1) frog mats
2) maverick et 732
3) lem 3/4 hp meat grinder
4) large stand alone freezer for all the deer meat
5) a vacuum sealer with additional rolls of bags

joaxe

beefmann,

Thanks!  Got the grinder and freezer (and vertical sausage stuffer).  I hand-wrap deer meat with plastic and butcher paper - lasts for a year in the freezer (I wrap it good!).  I was looking at the Maverick ("Cover me, Goose") and I'll check the Frog Mats.

I've got a 6x8 walk-in deer cooler that I made in my garage.  It kept my 8 pt. (taken in November 2012) at a nice 38 degrees F...for 3 1/2 weeks!  Meat is perfect!

Deer season starts in 2 months down here in SEPA!  Woo Hoo!

Joe
"Eins, Zwei, Zuffa!"

Saber 4

Sounds like a nice setup...