Ordering 120 Bisquettes

Started by rveal23, July 17, 2013, 11:08:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saber 4

I've found them at a local Cabela's on sale fairly often for 44 bucks and no shipping, if you've got a local store you might check with them.

Mischievous

IMHO Bradley is indeed dropping the ball here. Finding oak or hickory right now is almost impossible. They are not keeping up with demand and I am getting close to looking for an alternative to the Bradley system because of it.

Saber 4

Quote from: Mischievous on July 31, 2013, 08:57:32 AM
IMHO Bradley is indeed dropping the ball here. Finding oak or hickory right now is almost impossible. They are not keeping up with demand and I am getting close to looking for an alternative to the Bradley system because of it.

You might message Brian about the problem, it may be that some stores aren't ordering enough to meet demand or if the problem is at Bradley he needs to know so he can fix it. :)

KyNola

Quote from: Mischievous on July 31, 2013, 08:57:32 AM
You can order them here.  http://www.alliedkenco.com/506.aspx

Tenpoint5

I do believe I remember something about a packaging redesign maybe this is holding up the manufacture of the 120 ct boxes. Doesn't mean you can't get bisquettes they are available
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

rveal23

I started this post and ordered hickory, had no problem shipped very same day.. try them out!
* DBS w/ 900watt Mod
* Webber Kettle Grill
* Hybrid Grill

NePaSmoKer

I find hickory and oak all over wherever Bradley is sold.

Snoopy

I'm gonna have to book mark this for the 120 pack flavors i can't get from cabelas, cheaper for me there currently but they usually only have apple, mesquite, something else and rarely the variety pack. thanks for the info

Saber 4

Quote from: Snoopy on August 01, 2013, 12:13:26 PM
I'm gonna have to book mark this for the 120 pack flavors i can't get from cabelas, cheaper for me there currently but they usually only have apple, mesquite, something else and rarely the variety pack. thanks for the info

The guy at my Cabelas said they could order the big boxes in whatever flavor I wanted, I just haven't decided on which flavor's I'm going to use the most of yet. Still going through the 48 packs I got of multiple flavors.

Snoopy

im pretty stuck on apple personally, will be diving into more but i did buy a 120 box of that from the get go.

tskeeter

I buy apple and hickory in the 120 count boxes and other flavors in 48 count.  I use apple to smoke most everything.  Cheese, ribs, nuts, sausage, etc.  But I use hickory for pork shoulder, and those are long smokes that take a lot of bisquettes, and I really like pulled pork, so I buy the bigger box.  Keep alder on hand for smoking salmon, but only do a couple of smokes a year, so a 48 count box is good for a couple of years.

rveal23

I think apple is becoming my new best friend as well for the light smoking!
* DBS w/ 900watt Mod
* Webber Kettle Grill
* Hybrid Grill

Tenpoint5

Quote from: tskeeter on August 02, 2013, 03:01:03 PM
I buy apple and hickory in the 120 count boxes and other flavors in 48 count.  I use apple to smoke most everything.  Cheese, ribs, nuts, sausage, etc.  But I use hickory for pork shoulder, and those are long smokes that take a lot of bisquettes, and I really like pulled pork, so I buy the bigger box.  Keep alder on hand for smoking salmon, but only do a couple of smokes a year, so a 48 count box is good for a couple of years.

You should only need about 4 hours (12 pucks) worth of smoke on a butt/shoulder cook
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Mischievous

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on August 01, 2013, 09:47:44 AM
I do believe I remember something about a packaging redesign maybe this is holding up the manufacture of the 120 ct boxes. Doesn't mean you can't get bisquettes they are available

I already tried these folks and they cancelled the order because oak and Hickory are on back order and Bradley has been no help. I will be using my last three hours of wood today for ribs and then will be shopping for alternatives this weekend. I am not interested in the other woods so I no longer have a way to even use my unit.

Mischievous

Just thought i should add. I love my 6 rack and use it several times a week. I have done the dual element mod and added a fan so I am seriously invested in my Bradley.