Ordering 120 Bisquettes

Started by rveal23, July 17, 2013, 11:08:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saber 4

Have you tried sending a PM to Brian the system administrator for Bradley, everything I've seen so far indicates they are pretty serious about customer service but I doubt he gets to see every thread we post.

Tenpoint5

I would suggect trying Whiskey Oak. I am a hickory only guy. Although I have tried the Whiskey Oak and isn't that bad.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

tskeeter

Was on eBay and it looks like several places have 120 count hickory bisquettes, including Overstock.  Prices ranged from about $40 + shipping to $50 - $55 with free shipping.  If I remember correctly, Overstock was at $43 + $3 shipping, or free shipping on orders over $50.

Rocket44

Hi our local lowes store has the wood bisquettes on clearance for 9.99 for 48 and would like to know if there is a shelf life on them or not will they keep for a long time?

Tenpoint5

As long as they dont get wet or are in a high humidity area for long-term they should be good
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Rocket44

Thanks Tenpoint5 I will make sure I store them properly. :)

dubob

The AK source still has the 120 packs available at $40 plus shipping.  But buying a couple of the 48s (and maybe a couple boxes of shotgun shells for Sporting Clays) at Sportsman's Warehouse and using a $10 off coupon (on $50 or more) will be even cheaper then buying from AK and paying shipping from TX to UT.

With the $10 coupon I'm looking at $0.41 (per AK puck) vs. $0.37 (per SW puck).

Without the $10 coupon I'm looking at $0.41 (per AK puck) vs. $0.44 (per SW puck).
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 77 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men don't ask permission to bear arms." ― Glen Aldrich
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." ― Dr. Seuss

Spliner

Fair warning - I'm not sure the AK source actually has any in stock.  I've had an order for a 120 box in their system processing for a couple of days.  Time will tell, but will probably be forced to buy the 48 packs myself.  I hope Bradley ramps up production this year, I'm going to have to stock up instead of letting myself run out this time of year when they are difficult to find.  ;(

tskeeter

Quote from: Spliner on March 14, 2014, 07:13:26 AM
Fair warning - I'm not sure the AK source actually has any in stock.  I've had an order for a 120 box in their system processing for a couple of days.  Time will tell, but will probably be forced to buy the 48 packs myself.  I hope Bradley ramps up production this year, I'm going to have to stock up instead of letting myself run out this time of year when they are difficult to find.  ;(

Spliner, seems to me that I recently saw a note from Brian at Bradley CS about 120 count packs.  He talked about a fire that affected their 120 count production.  As I understood his comments, it sounded like Bradley expected to have the 120 count production back on line soon and to be able to refill their distribution chain.

I know the 120 count supply has been an issue for quite a while.  If Bradley had a packaging machine destroyed by fire, I can understand why things are taking so long.  I've been working in manufacturing plants for nearly 30 years and with construction and equipment acquisition and installation projects for longer than that.  Most packaging machinery is engineered and fabricated to order.  So the lead time on a machinery order usually runs 9 - 12 months.  Even when you are buying a piece of machinery that the manufacturer has made before, lead times are typically 6 - 9 months.  Then, once you have machinery in the plant and bolted down, you have 30 - 60 days of getting all the different machines on the line synchronized and dialed in so they work together correctly.  Putting the bits and pieces of information that I've heard together, it appears to me like Bradley is working through the process of replacing a piece of equipment critical to the 120 count production.

Spliner

Quote from: tskeeter on March 14, 2014, 09:38:22 AM
Spliner, seems to me that I recently saw a note from Brian at Bradley CS about 120 count packs.  He talked about a fire that affected their 120 count production.  As I understood his comments, it sounded like Bradley expected to have the 120 count production back on line soon and to be able to refill their distribution chain.

Actually I do understand the delays, the post was a warning to readers of the forum that AK was still accepting payment for the 120 packs but may or may not have them in stock (IE: without posting that information on their site).  In the mean time I'll order a smaller pack on Amazon.com to be sure I can use my smoker between now and when AK gets them in stock.

Edit:  I was surprised to find my bisquettes on my door step today, so AK does indeed seem to have a stock.  Their order processing leaves some to be desired (lack of updates) but they showed up none the less.  So anyone needing bisquettes should probably check out AK for the moment, $40+shipping is much cheaper than I'm finding them other places, including eBay.  If you order more than one box the shipping costs go way down.

Spliner

ragweed

Glad to hear AK came through.  I've been having nothing but good experiences with them and was afraid I'd have to look for another source.

Spliner

Yup, I'll likely order more from them shortly.  I was skeptical to order 120's with stock being what it is at first, so only ordered the one box, but will be doing a multi-box order soon.  They'll quickly become my favorite source at those prices.

;)

Spliner

Spliner

Well.. when I got home today and actually opened the box from AK, it had 2 48 packs and one 24 pack of bisquettes to make up the 120 I ordered.  So, whether or not they have the actual 120 packs in stock, they'll fill the order it seems.  Works for me!

Spliner

ragweed

That's the way mine came too.