¿Pork Loins?

Started by rveal23, July 21, 2013, 11:11:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rveal23

Ok guys, I have a couple of Pork Loins that I want to Smoke up.

What are your favorite recipes for this. I want to impress my wife.
She isn't much of a Pork Loin lover so I need to blow her socks off. 8)

What would you guys accompany this Pork with?
* DBS w/ 900watt Mod
* Webber Kettle Grill
* Hybrid Grill

pz

Today was the last step in completion of my first Canadian bacon experience, and my wife absolutely loved it.  She too is not much of a pork loin fan, except in the ground form that we use in our burgers.  However, the delicate pecan flavor had her asking for more... and more...

Today we grilled potatoes and zucchini. The potatoes were skin on, and cut longitudinally into 3/8 inch slices, tossed with olive oil and Montreal Steak Seasoning, then grilled to a crisp crust.  The zucchini were halved and then tossed with olive oil and Johnny salt, then also grilled.  We spread Lipton onion chip dip on the crisp potatoes, and simply ate the loin in the form of Canadian bacon by itself.  However, we are new to this kind of smoking, and just about anything tastes wonderful.  ;)
My online cookbook: good food & friends

beefmann

try jans rub,,, jans spicy rub or  gunpowder.. in the gunpowder add in 3 tbsp ground  mustard,,, coat the loin , smoke / cook with your favorite wood, box temp  of 225 till an IT of 165... your  good to go, as for  sides garlic mashed potatoes and veggies

KyNola

In my opinion a 165 IT is going to yield an overcooked loin.  I pull mine at 140 and wrap in foil.  It will cruise right on up to 145 and be done, moist and full of flavor.  The food police recently lowered the IT "requirement" on pork.

Some folk prefer a higher IT and that's fine too.

Saber 4

I rub mine with a spice rub and do the 220 until an IT of 145 with pecan or apple and it is always moist and no pink with great flavor when it comes out of the FTC. We like Mashed potato or wild rice with grilled asparagus or sautéed Brussels sprouts with sliced Yukon gold potato hash

rveal23

Oooh Nelly! This should be good. I will use a mixture of every ones comments and come back with the results.

I will rub down the pork, then smoke at 225 with Pecan,  Let the IT get to 150  and then wrap in foil so it gets up a few more degrees.
I have a full garden growing so I will pull some Carrots, Beets, Chives (w/ Greens) make some Fully Loaded Twice Baked Potatoes and then finish them with my Smoked Cheddar!

Now I just have to wait for my boxes of Pucks to arrive! (any day now)

Thanx guys this really help the idea's flow!

If anyone is interested in the
Fully Loaded Twice Baked Potatoes

Ingredients:
1  large russet potatoes   
1/3 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
1/3 cup  shredded cheese   (Smoked Preferably)
2/3  garlic cloves, minced finely   
1/4 cup butter   
1/4 cup sour cream   
1  tablespoon milk   
Chives to taste
Salt To Taste
Pepper To Taste

Directions:
1. Wash and cut potatoes in half length ways.
2. "Bake" in microwave for about 20 minutes or until they are soft enough to smash.
3. CAREFULLY scoop out the meat of the taters so you have a shell of skin, and save the meat in a bowl.
4. Smash potatoes in bowl with the butter, sour cream, garlic, and milk. Making mashed taters!
5. Add in bacon, cheese, and chives, saving enough of each for topping.
6. Fill each skin with smashed potatoes.
7. Top with the stuff you saved.
8. From this point you can wrap them and freeze them if you want OR you can cook these bad boys now at 350 for about an hour.

Oh and this makes enough for two people!
* DBS w/ 900watt Mod
* Webber Kettle Grill
* Hybrid Grill

pz

Those potatoes sound yummy; I love twice baked  :)
My online cookbook: good food & friends

OldHickory

I would go with KN's advise on this one for moist and tender loin, works every time for me.  I often cut a couple of 2" medallions from the end for boneless pork chops or pound thin for pork cutlets, lots of good choices.
Bradley DS4 with Auber PID and dual element mod
Char-Broil SRG
Weber kettle with rotisserie
Charmglow 5 burner with rotisserie pgg
Pit Barrel Smoker

We the people own this United States Of America,and the Constitution is our owners manual.

Mani

It's more grilling the smoking, but I thought I would share it with you anyway to give you more options!

Vietnamese Style Pork.

Marinade Ingredients (Enough for 500g/1.1lb of Pork)
small bunch coriander (Cilantro) - chopped
2 stalks lemongrass - chopped
2 garlic cloves - chopped
2 tbsp fish sauce
½ tsp turmeric
25g Palm sugar
1 tbsp sesame oil

Method
Put the Coriander (Cilantro), Lemongrass, Garlic & Ginger in a blender and chop finely.  Then add all the other ingredients and blend further.
I use Palm sugar, but use whatever sugar you wish.

Slice the pork loin into .5" medallions, trim off the fat and bash out thin (like schnitzel)

Marinade overnight, then grill.

Also works well with chicken and thinly sliced rib eye steak.

Mani

Quote from: Mani on August 13, 2013, 05:22:27 AM
It's more grilling the smoking, but I thought I would share it with you anyway to give you more options!

Vietnamese Style Pork.

Marinade Ingredients (Enough for 500g/1.1lb of Pork)
small bunch coriander (Cilantro) - chopped
2 stalks lemongrass - chopped
2 garlic cloves - chopped
2 tbsp fish sauce
½ tsp turmeric
25g Palm sugar
1 tbsp sesame oil

Method
Put the Coriander (Cilantro), Lemongrass, Garlic & Ginger in a blender and chop finely.  Then add all the other ingredients and blend further.
I use Palm sugar, but use whatever sugar you wish.

Slice the pork loin into .5" medallions, trim off the fat and bash out thin (like schnitzel)

Marinade overnight, then grill.

Also works well with chicken and thinly sliced rib eye steak.

Sorry, missed a 1" size cube of fresh ginger, peeled.

Mani

Rveal23,

Also forgot to add, my Wifey hates pork, but loves the Vietnames Pork recipe... 

rveal23

Thanx for this info.. Might have to try this.. My wife isn't crzy about pork either! So it has to be really goooooood for her to eat it.
* DBS w/ 900watt Mod
* Webber Kettle Grill
* Hybrid Grill