Blazin' Pistachios

Started by Indy Smoker, August 05, 2013, 04:24:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Indy Smoker

I have always used Hickory when making my Pistachios.  I was looking over the original recipe and it calls for Mesquete, I have some Jim Beam Biscuits which I think are Oak - any thoughts on how they would turn our with the Jim Beam ??

I bought them when I first purchased my smoker and used them only once - I think I smoked something the entire cook time and it was WAY too strong.

Saber 4

I have no idea but it sounds good.

Tenpoint5

The jim beam pucks will work just fine
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Indy Smoker

I did the JB pucks and all is well.
Thanks for the input!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rveal23

How long to you smoke them for and at what temp?
* DBS w/ 900watt Mod
* Webber Kettle Grill
* Hybrid Grill

STLstyle

Watch out.  Somethin in that recipe contains a highly addictive substance by which I can't seem to stop eatin em...
DBS 6 Rack
Dual 500W Element Mod
BBQ Guru DigiQ / Raptor Combo

Indy Smoker

I have found the same addictive substance. Hmmmmm. Wonder what it is.
I made 2 batches so far and used a 3 lb bag of pistachios from Costco.
Added a stick of (melted) butter, bottle of green tobacco, juice from a 28oz can of pickled jalapeƱos and 5 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce.
Smoked for 2 hours at 225 then lowered temp to 200 for about an hour and half to dry. Rotated racks every hour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tenpoint5

I have been told that the Seemores who created thi recipe. Will be bringing 17 cups of these to the smokeout in Iowa
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!