Smoked Oysters

Started by zueth, August 06, 2013, 03:45:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zueth

I did up some smoked oysters last night and they were very good.  I used the bradley recipe fro oysters on the half shell.

http://www.bradleysmoker.com/recipe/oysters/

I have another dozen that I would like to cook up tomorrow night, so looking for another recipe to try.  Looking for a quick marinade or something that i can put on oysters before smoking.  I am thinking possibly a butter/garlic/Parmesan sauce.

Saber 4

Sounds like a good plan, let us know how it turns out.

rveal23

That sounds like something I had out in The big easy!
* DBS w/ 900watt Mod
* Webber Kettle Grill
* Hybrid Grill

zueth

Did the oysters last night and they turned out great.

I mixed together butter, garlic, pepper, and oregano and put some on each oyster on the half shell.  Then smoked/cooked at 220 for 40 minutes, pulled and sprinkled Parmesan Cheese over each and smoked/cooked at 220 for another 20 minutes, then pulled and sprinkled with parsley, they were very good.  I sued apple fro the wood.

rveal23

They Look amazing! was 1hr of smoke perfect? are their any changes you would make on the next batch?
* DBS w/ 900watt Mod
* Webber Kettle Grill
* Hybrid Grill

pz

I showed the pic to my wife, and she's ready to pull out a bottle of Champagne

My online cookbook: good food & friends

zueth

Quote from: rveal23 on August 08, 2013, 12:39:45 PM
They Look amazing! was 1hr of smoke perfect? are their any changes you would make on the next batch?

I think the only change I would make is to sprinkle the cheese on with 10 minutes left instead of 20 minutes.  I think 1 hour was perfect.

Slamdunk

They look great!
What type of wine were you drinking ?

rveal23

This is definitely a dish I will be making soon.
* DBS w/ 900watt Mod
* Webber Kettle Grill
* Hybrid Grill

mahto

cool just got my Bradley in Ensenada, Mexico  an been looking for a recipe to try oysters do you have one for clams too thanks
tu amigo
mahto

pondee

Is there a good reason to ever cook an oyster?

rveal23

Pondee, if its in the smoker why not! LOL :o

* DBS w/ 900watt Mod
* Webber Kettle Grill
* Hybrid Grill