Igrill

Started by Hedlyna, June 18, 2012, 03:15:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: Consiglieri on June 14, 2013, 05:07:15 PM
Hi all.  Haven't been here in a while, but thought the Bradley Family would have something to say about the iGrill.  I was considering purchasing the item, but then saw a bunch of reviews complaining about failed probes, dropped connections, poor range, and poor battery life.

I've had probe problems with the Maverick before, and have just accepted that the wear and tear is limited, but the reviews on iGrill probes complained about failures after 1 or 2 uses sometimes. 

Any thoughts?

Nice to see you posting again.

Either Cook's Illustrated or Cook's Country had a small article on the Igrill. I just glanced over it, but I do recall that it stated there were improvements since the last time they tested it, and a price drop. I'll try to find the article and provide more details.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Consiglieri

Good to see you still here, Habs.  Your pastrami recipes are a favorite in our house.
Consiglieri

Angus

I do see an Android version is now available, although, it seems the app is a scaled down version of the iOS one.

Snoopy

Just ordered mine. Use promo code "share15", for 15% off. they also have "sparklers" for 25% off accessories right now. I ordered the ambient probe with it as they guy said that if you use the meat one for ambient if it gets damaged by the heat or touching an element or something they don't cover that. in the end it worked out i paid just under $85 for both, will have 2 meat and 1 ambient. on a side note also ordered my bubba pucks, now all i need is my dang smoker (BD6) to arrive.

thepro8

Mine just died after 4 months.

Snoopy

any support from igrillinc in form of replacement or anything?

Redneckinthecity

Quote from: Snoopy on July 02, 2013, 09:11:36 AM
Just ordered mine. Use promo code "share15", for 15% off. they also have "sparklers" for 25% off accessories right now. I ordered the ambient probe with it as they guy said that if you use the meat one for ambient if it gets damaged by the heat or touching an element or something they don't cover that. in the end it worked out i paid just under $85 for both, will have 2 meat and 1 ambient. on a side note also ordered my bubba pucks, now all i need is my dang smoker (BD6) to arrive.

Did you order from Bradley?  All I saw on their page was a link to dealers?

Snoopy

Snoopy

So used it on the seasoning of the smoker. Started at around 70, 20 min mark it spiked to about 200, 40 min mark it leveled out to about 155 for the next hour of smoking. I never actually looked at the Bradley to see what it said but had it set to 150

Snoopy

had my first issue, one of the probes seemed to have shorted. had 2 butts in, one read 50's the other seemed to climb with the cabinet temp. called igrill and they are shipping me a new probe. gonna get some of that high temp rtv sealent i read that somebody else did and seal the ends up. also gonna try and bake the probe in the oven and see if that fixes it.(saw that on here somewhere as well) love this site.

rveal23

glad they sent you a replacement
* DBS w/ 900watt Mod
* Webber Kettle Grill
* Hybrid Grill

Snoopy

So got the replacement, also baked the "bad" one and it ended up fixing it from what I can tell, so now have extra one which is nice, means I can throw 3 butts in at the same time now and be able to check em a all. Sealed the ends up with the smallest huge bottle of high temp stuff I got from auto zone, pretty sure I have enough to seal everyone's on this forum. Sure ill find something else to use it for.

Saber 4

I've had to bake my probe for the Bradley thermometer before, still need to pick up the high temp seal though

rveal23

I've had to bake a few of my probes lately.. Sealed them and now have no issues
* DBS w/ 900watt Mod
* Webber Kettle Grill
* Hybrid Grill