Brisket Smoke

Started by JohnM70, August 14, 2013, 10:59:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnM70

My Nikon is going to the repair shop >:(

Tenpoint4, thanks for the help but for the life of me I could not figure it out. Before it was cooked I thought I could see the difference :-\. I have a friend who is a butcher and the next time I prepare a brisket I will buy from his market (instead of SAMS) so I can get some hands training.
Because I am freezing most of the brisket I cut it into large pieces then vacuum sealed 5 bags.
This brisket is so flavorful and tender... even for not being cut right.
I will figure it out!

KyNola, thanks again, the pieces are not bricks but steel plates from an old (main frame) computer. I though the heat sinks needed to be up in the cabinet more.  the next smoke will be better.

The PID and 900Watt element worked great, recovery was fast.
Total cook time was 15hrs, this is the way to go; 200 for 12 hours; 210 for 2; 220 for one hr.   

Crappy picture but that is it after 4hrs FTC

5 pieces for freezing

the other side

Dinner tonight..maybe a late dinner since I cut and eat or is it eat and cut
Bradley 6 Rack BDS with cold smoke attachment, Maverick remote dual temp(2), Thermapen and,  Auber Dual Probe PID, 1300 Watt Mod, Weber Genesis E310

"I keep cutting it off and cutting it off and it is still too short"

ragweed

Looks fantastic!  Good job!

Pachanga

Righteous looking smoke.

The color of the bark looks like perfection.  If it tastes half as good as it looks, you have done more than well.

Good luck and slow smoking,

Pachanga

Saber 4

That is a fantastic looking brisket, nice job.

KyNola

That's the first time you've ever smoked a brisket?  Seriously?  That looks awesome.  Really nice job!

SiFumar

Great looking brisket!

rveal23

That last shot looks awesome!
* DBS w/ 900watt Mod
* Webber Kettle Grill
* Hybrid Grill

JohnM70

I am humbled by your comments. You all have more experience than I will ever gain. As is said earlier I have read and re-read many of the posts on smoking "meats". Of course Pachanga post caused me to re-read what I had re-read... :-[ I think that is redundant. O never mine.
This forum has been a real asset in my ever new learning experiences. The contributors to this forum seem to check their ego's at the sign-in page. You all help the newbie's get their act together. I have made a few errors (let's not count) ??? and I never feel that I am being talked down to.
I did not eat much dinner last as my wife caught me sampling... let's say not all 11lbs made it into the refrigerator or freezer! 2 cuts for the bag and 1 /2 for John, and to be sure not all the fat was trimmed!
Turkey, some butt, jerky, fish/salmon I am to attempt all of it and if there is something on the forum I missed, I will try that too. ;D   

Until the next adventure.
John
Bradley 6 Rack BDS with cold smoke attachment, Maverick remote dual temp(2), Thermapen and,  Auber Dual Probe PID, 1300 Watt Mod, Weber Genesis E310

"I keep cutting it off and cutting it off and it is still too short"

NorthShoreMN

Looks very good. Bet it tasted great.
Bradley 6 digital, Bradley BCS, TSM 20 stainless, Masterbuilt 30 with cold smoke attachment, BGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Q2200,Homemade grill on trailer

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live
forever." Mahatma Gandhi

STLstyle

Thx for the inspiration John!  Looks great.
Pachanga always gets me amped to try to cook these things!  Hardest cut to get right for me...
DBS 6 Rack
Dual 500W Element Mod
BBQ Guru DigiQ / Raptor Combo

Snoopy

ABT's and smoked deviled eggs. 2 that i still haven't tried

watchdog56

Looks excellent, makes me want to try one.