19th Annual BBQ on the River Paducah KY

Started by KyNola, August 14, 2013, 11:14:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KyNola

Folks, it's time to start making plans to attend the BBQ on the River in Paducah KY.  The dates of the event are 9/26-9/28.  Over 60 tons of chicken and pork will be cooked over 3 days.  50 teams will compete for Grand Champion.  All will be serving the public as well.  50,000 members of the public to be more exact.  In addition to the teams, there will be at least 50 vendors selling everything from fried pickles to pork chop sandwiches.  The best part?  All of the net proceeds go to a charity that a team or vendor individually chooses and sponsors.  This is 3 days of food, fun, beer and music.

I know of one forum member who plans to be here and another who is tentatively planning on being here.  I will let them disclose who they are.  If you need any help with directions or accommodations contact me and I will be more than happy to assist.

beefmann

what a large crowd to make meals for,,  and a  wonderful time to have by all

squirtthecat

These boys roll in some serious equipment for this...  Pretty impressive to get behind the scenes and see it in action.

;D ;D ;D

KyNola

Bumping this thread as I've had some contact from other forum members about the event.

NePaSmoKer

I know a couple and a small furry kid that will be there  ;D

Saber 4

We're hoping to make it and see what's happening and visit with our new friends.

pensrock

I would love to go but were swamped at work and there is no way I could get off after just getting back on Tuesday.  :(

KyNola

I heard that BAM1 and his lovely wife are looking towards coming if the stars align correctly.

Anybody else up for 60+ tons of pulled pork, ribs, chicken, whole hog and beef brisket?  Brisket is not a judged category but over the last few years a lot of folks are serving some seriously good beef brisket.

Come one, come all.

SiFumar

Saber 4

It's official we'll be there, booked the room already and looking forward to getting up there. We'll be there Friday morning sometime after leaving Texas after work Thursday.  ;D

ragweed

I'd love to be there, but we already have plans for that weekend.   :(

KyNola

Quote from: ragweed on August 19, 2013, 10:05:18 AM
I'd love to be there, but we already have plans for that weekend.   :(
Change your plans! ;D

Saber 4

cajunboudreaux

Laissez les bon temps rouler

jdhunt0