19th Annual BBQ on the River Paducah KY

Started by KyNola, August 14, 2013, 11:14:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KyNola

Bumping this again as the time is drawing nearer.  Jan and I are both judging whole hogs again this year.  NePaS is also going to be judging a category and I'm working on a slot for Saber 4 to be judging as well.

Still not too late to come join the fun.  I hear NePaS is bringing some sticks, jerky and NePaS Kool Aid.  Robert is bringing some goodies as well.  I'll dig around and see what I can come up with.

If you need help with directions and/or accommodations, please contact me.  Jan and I will be moving downtown across the street from the festivities on Wednesday 9/25 and will be staying until Sunday 9/29.

You don't want to miss this event!!!

Saber 4

Can't wait to get there, anyone who can should really consider coming it looks to be a fun time and lots to eat of course

BAM1

Got E-mail confirmation on Friday that I went from being an alternate judge for the American Royal to being selected to judge The American Royal.  We're also competing Sept 21st in Des Moines for the Kings of BBQ KCBS comp. The boss said I couldn't have all three weekends off in a row so the river is going to have to wait until next year.
Pork Stars KCBS BBQ Team
Bradley digital 6 rack w/Auber PID/900w mod
Bradley counter top two rack
Traeger Texas model w/Savannah Stoker
2 Weber Performer charcoal grills
Charbroil SRG
Backwoods Fatboy
KCBS CBJ

Saber 4

Sounds like you gonna be a busy tired smoker before it's all done.

KyNola

Brian, that is awesome!  Was looking forward to seeing you and your pretty bride but you can't pass up those events.  We'll look forward to seeing you for the 20th BBQ on the River.

BAM1

Hopefully our paths will cross before that Larry.  Put in to judge the Royal back in Feb.  pretty excited
Pork Stars KCBS BBQ Team
Bradley digital 6 rack w/Auber PID/900w mod
Bradley counter top two rack
Traeger Texas model w/Savannah Stoker
2 Weber Performer charcoal grills
Charbroil SRG
Backwoods Fatboy
KCBS CBJ

STLstyle

I'll try to remember the river contest for next year.  Me and my buddy are entered in the Royal Open.  We do a couple comps per year for fun.  This is our first Royal.  Can't wait.  Maybe I'll see you there BAM 1!
DBS 6 Rack
Dual 500W Element Mod
BBQ Guru DigiQ / Raptor Combo

jdhunt0

Around 2 weeks to go.  So how many from here are attending?

Saber 4

Quote from: jdhunt0 on September 13, 2013, 08:34:34 AM
Around 2 weeks to go.  So how many from here are attending?

We'll be there Friday and Saturday, driving up from Texas after the wife gets off work Thursday so it'll be an all-nighter.

KyNola

Right now it appears that it will be Saber 4 and his lovely wife Judy, NePaSmoker and his lovely wife Chrystal and Jan and me.  Some folks may show up at the last minute unannounced.  Look for us sitting on the fringe as in sitting outside at a table at Shandie's, at the corner of Broadway and Market House Square (2nd street for the local folks).

Ya gots to have a home base so when folks go their separate ways they know where to meet back up later.

NePaSmoKer

Leaving the 25th, going to just cruise and see the country.

Saber 4

Quote from: NePaSmoKer on September 14, 2013, 04:37:53 AM

That sounds like fun, enjoy and we'll see you there.

KyNola

Rick, Maker's Mark and the other bourbon distilleries are about 2-2.5 hours away from Paducah.  :o

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: KyNola on September 14, 2013, 07:09:25 AM
Rick, Maker's Mark and the other bourbon distilleries are about 2-2.5 hours away from Paducah.  :o

Yeah i think we going there to MM. I wanna see my barrel.

pensrock

QuoteYeah i think we going there to MM. I wanna see my barrel.
Mine should be there some where as well.  :)