NePaSmoKer

Just peachy

Heading to Paducah  ;D ;D

Cooling and ready to strain.

Strained and ready for the everclear.

2 without a peach in bottom and 3 with.

Smooth sipping, It'l put lead in yer pencil  :o :o

Tenpoint5

That just screams wheelbarrow time for somebody!!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Saber 4

KyNola

The latest development for this year's BBQ Festival.  On Thursday at noon they are going to have a "cook it in your backyard competition" for folks who want to dip their toe in the water of competing.  It's for backyard BBQers.  They will cook ribs and/or pork butts and bring them to the competition for judging.  They have asked Jan and I to judge in that competition.  Then, on Saturday when the BBQ teams compete Jan and I will be judging whole hogs again this year and our very own NePaS will be judging chickens.  Yes, the very same NePaS who hates chicken will be judging chicken!

For those of you who are on Facebook and have an interest in the BBQ Festival there is a Facebook page.  It is listed as Barbecue on the River.  They are updating it as preparations for the Festival are well underway.

Hope to see more of you at the Festival.  If you like BBQ, beer, good food in general and music Paducah KY is the place to be 9/26-9/28.

KyNola

UPDATE:  It was disclosed yesterday that the BBQ teams have pre-ordered 80,000 pounds of meat (that 40 tons folks!).  No doubt they will all run out and order at least another 40,000 pounds during the Festival.

They'll start moving in this weekend.  By next Tuesday evening hickory smoke will be rolling in downtown Paducah.

Did I mention this is a free event?  You only pay for what you eat or drink.  Everything else is 100% free and all net proceeds go to charities.  No prize money is awarded and the teams don't make a dime.  Recoup their expenses and that's it.

BAM1

Take lots of pictures guys.  Don't get tipped over on that peachy stuff
Pork Stars KCBS BBQ Team
Bradley digital 6 rack w/Auber PID/900w mod
Bradley counter top two rack
Traeger Texas model w/Savannah Stoker
2 Weber Performer charcoal grills
Charbroil SRG
Backwoods Fatboy
KCBS CBJ

pz

I wish I were not so far away, and could afford the time to join in the festivities and meet some of you folks.
My online cookbook: good food & friends

Saber 4

Five more days till we head to Paducah! It's almost as bad as waiting for Santa Claus was when we were kids. ;D

KyNola

It's right around the corner kids!  Come one come all.

Saber 4

NePaSmoKer

KyNola

And the very latest development, Saber 4 will also be judging chickens at the BBQ Festival competition on Saturday.  That's right folks, 4 members of the Bradley Forum will be judging in the 19th ever Barbecue on the River Festival competition.  NePaS and Saber 4 will be over in the chicken competition judging area while Jan and I will be on 2 different whole hog judging teams.

Rick and Robert, one word of advice. SKIP BREAKFAST!!!!!!  ;D

Tenpoint5

Good thing im not going I couldn't eat that much chicken! Yuck!!!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Saber 4

Leaving Texas in an hour and a half Paducah or Bust! :)

jdhunt0