Greetings from Florida

Started by Yancey, August 24, 2013, 01:05:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yancey

Hello from east central Florida!  I have just done bits and drabs of smoking over the years using either a bomb style charcoal smoker or offset on my large gas grill.  Most of what I do is pulled pork, ribs, and the occasional turkey breast.  I want to begin making sausages.  I decided on the 4 rack digital smoker.  It is now here, set up, and seasoned.  Unfortunately this is rainy season in Florida.  No chance yet to use it.  I'm having a new electrical line run to a covered breezeway so I will be able to defeat the weather gods.  I have already gotten lots of good hints from perusing the forum.  If any of you have any suggestions to make my entry into using the Bradley easier I am all ears.  Er, eyes.  LOL

ragweed

Welcome to the forum from Nebraska.  Rainy season?  What's that?  Lots of good folks here.  Ask questions, post pictures of your efforts and keep your top vent open!

beefmann

welcome aboard and  enjoy,  it is  great that you  did  look this  forum over,, lots of  good information and  people here

Smokin Sparky

Welcome from Southwest Idaho. Glad you found this forum.   ;D

Blake
Never be afraid to try something new.
Remember, amateurs built the ark.
Professionals built the Titanic.

Saber 4

Welcome from Texas, send that rain our way we could use it. As has been said before keep your top vent open and use hot water in your puck bowl unless your trying a cold smoke. Have fun and post lots of pictures.

Skishy

Welcome to the forum from Eastern Washington.
"Hail to the King, baby!" - Bruce Campbell

2 - 4 rack OBS
1 - Brinkmann Pellet Smoker
1 - Masterbuilt Charcoal smoker

Tenpoint5

Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

pokermeister

Ask lots of questions, someone on the forum will be happy to answer.
Life is short, eat the dessert first!

Yancey

So far I have done a variation of Myron Mixon's Cupcake Chicken and some Memphis style ribs.  Both turned out great!  I am not able to get enough temp on this line as there are a couple of other devices draining power.  I'll run a dedicated line to it next week and see if that helps.  I am getting 70-80 degrees above ambient ATM.  For food safety issues I really need to be able to hit 225.  Fun learning everything though.  My next attempt will be smoked tomato soup. 

Actually this forum is what finally sold me on the Bradley.  Y'all seem like a nice group of functionally un-normal people!

Saber 4

Glad your enjoying your new addiction, hope you get your electrical issues solved, you can use a construction grade extension cord until you can run a dedicated line.

Snoopy

welcome, this place is a great resource

STLstyle

DBS 6 Rack
Dual 500W Element Mod
BBQ Guru DigiQ / Raptor Combo

NorthShoreMN

Bradley 6 digital, Bradley BCS, TSM 20 stainless, Masterbuilt 30 with cold smoke attachment, BGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Q2200,Homemade grill on trailer

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live
forever." Mahatma Gandhi

rveal23

* DBS w/ 900watt Mod
* Webber Kettle Grill
* Hybrid Grill

NePaSmoKer

Welcome from SE GA

Yup been plenty rainy down here too. Not stopped me tho from smokin.