Crispy skin steelhead tacos

Started by pz, August 25, 2013, 09:21:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pz

My wife loves fish tacos, but I must admit that I ahve not been too fond of them in the past.  We were at Costco earlier this summer and found steelhead at a reasonable price so we decided to make fish tacos using the steelhead.  At first I did not think too much about the idea, but in the end, it was mouth watering good eats.

The rub consisted of smoked paprika, cumin, cayenne, thyme, salt, and pepper

Sizzling merrily away...

The fixin's are ready... of course, can't have Mexican without a Margarita  ;)

My sweetie created a homemade aioli consisting of sour cream, mayonnaise, caper juice, and capers for these delicious tacos

... the finished taco - fresh tomato, guacamole, crisp cabbage, the aioli, and the star of the show - the steelhead with crisp skin.  The pics do not adequately reveal the marvelous sensations on the palate - crunch of the fresh cabbage with the snap crisp of the fish skin adding to the burst of caper and fresh tomato zing up front on the palate.  The gentle heat of the cumin as you savor each bite of these delicious tacos was tempered by the fat and savory flavors of the aioli.  From one that is not fond of fish tacos to begin with, I'm a convert.
My online cookbook: good food & friends

rveal23

* DBS w/ 900watt Mod
* Webber Kettle Grill
* Hybrid Grill

Mr Walleye

Very nice PZ!

Very, very nice!  Absolutely gorgeous! 8)

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Tenpoint5

Sounds like it was a winner for sure!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Saber 4

Any Mexican restaurant would be proud to serve that.

pz

My online cookbook: good food & friends

iceman

STLstyle

Fantastic!  I love Costco fish.  Now my wife's never made aioli, but I sure wish she'd start.  Great pics!
DBS 6 Rack
Dual 500W Element Mod
BBQ Guru DigiQ / Raptor Combo