Bookmarks 3 Bookmarks

Author Topic: BCS Recipe Booklet  (Read 12580 times)

Offline Tenpoint5

• Moderation Team
BCS Recipe Booklet
« on: August 26, 2013, 06:36:01 am »
For those that have the BCS. I have a favor to ask of you. If you have looked at the recipe booklet that came with the BCS. You will probably agree that it is worthless. Well worthless when it comes to the BCS. I have sent an email, which has been forwarded to the sales and marketing departments.  I voiced my displeasure that time was not taken to provide recipes for the BCS. In that email, I thanked them for giving the 15 forum members at the MWSO a BCS to add to our smoker line. I also asked that they give US the chance to create a recipe booklet. Our recipe booklet would be by forum members and be recipes created with and for the BCS.

So what I am asking is that as we use the BCS and try new things in it. Take copious notes and then create a recipe that we can post here in this thread. Then if the Marketing and Sales people decide to let us be involved with the creation of the recipe book we have a head start. If they don't find the wisdom in working with us then we have a repository of recipes for ourselves here on the forum. I am thinking that for our purposes on this thread. We try to limit it to one picture with the recipe. As if you where to see it in a recipe booklet.

Thanks for your help.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 08:34:21 am by Tenpoint5 »
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

NePaSmoKer

Re: BCS Recipe Booklet
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2013, 06:47:32 am »
For those that have the BCS. I have a favor to ask of you. If you have looked at the recipe booklet that came with the BCS. You will probably agree that it is worthless. Well worthless when it comes to the BCS. I have sent an email, which has been forwarded to the sales and marketing departments.  I voiced my displeasure that time was taken to provide recipes for the BCS. In that email, I thanked them for giving the 15 forum members at the MWSO a BCS to add to our smoker line. I also asked that they give US the chance to create a recipe booklet. Our recipe booklet would be by forum members and be recipes created with and for the BCS.

So what I am asking is that as we use the BCS and try new things in it. Take copious notes and then create a recipe that we can post here in this thread. Then if the Marketing and Sales people decide to let us be involved with the creation of the recipe book we have a head start. If they don't find the wisdom in working with us then we have a repository of recipes for ourselves here on the forum. I am thinking that for our purposes on this thread. We try to limit it to one picture with the recipe. Ass if you where to see if in a recipe booklet.

Thanks for your help.

Agree

Recipes for the BCS need to be on the Bradley forum, not on another site.

Offline Tenpoint5

• Moderation Team
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2013, 06:49:24 am »

BCS Hot Smoked Salmon

For this recipe you will need:
Sea Salt
Garlic Salt
Dill Weed
Salmon fillet

Apply a light dusting of the Sea Salt and then the Garlic Salt. (Light dusting using two salts). Then apply a light even coating of the dill weed.

Allow Salmon fillet to rest at room temperature. Preheat the BCS on Power Level 03.

Once the BCS has come up to temperature. Place fillet on rack coated with non-stick spray. If fillet doesn't have skin. Cut a piece of aluminum foil to 1/2 inch larger than the fillet. Spray with buttered non-stick cooking spray. Place into BCS. Start smoke generator and set for 30 minutes.

Suggested flavors of wood: Pacific Blend or Special Blend.

Pull the fillet when the Internal Temperature (IT) is between 140-145 degrees, or when Salmon flakes with a fork. A cook time is not provided. Due to the unknown variable, which is based on the size or thickness of the fillet. (Approximate times 30-45 minutes)

http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=33045.0
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 01:07:08 pm by Tenpoint5 »

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Offline Saber 4

• Member Extraordinaire
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2013, 06:51:23 am »
I agree with you guy's and will put some of my smokes down as recipes here later on this evening.

NePaSmoKer

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2013, 06:59:22 am »
Doing some biscuit monkey bread with a twist.

Here are the ingredients. Not pictured are 2 cans pillsbury biscuits any kind you like

Maple syrup (Mrs Butterworth) or what ever you like 1 cup
Melted butter 4 T
3/4 cup brown suger
1/2 t cinnamon
2 t vanilla vodka OPT

Pre heat BCS to PL 05. I used 1 puck. Regular oven calls for 375. I set PL 05 for 1 hour 20 min

In small bowl combine brown sugar and cinnamon, set aside.
Mix syrup, butter and vodka (opt) in another bowl. Pour half into bottom of baking pan, i sprayed Pam in mine. Add some of the brown sugar to the syrup in pan.

Place biscuits in the pan on top of the syrup/sugar.

Pour remaining syrup/brown sugar over biscuits.

Place in BCS

Done.

I added more syrup to the top. The top will have the smoke. Your going to invert this onto a dish or whatever.

« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 11:56:12 am by NePaSmoKer »

Offline beefmann

• Member Extraordinaire
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2013, 07:01:32 am »
agrees
Where Da Beef ! ! !
OBS with Original 900 watt mod
auber PID with Smoke timer and duration time
Rec Tec RT 680 pellet grill

Offline ragweed

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2013, 07:37:14 am »
Me too!  Simple though they are.   :-[

Offline NorthShoreMN

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2013, 07:39:10 am »
Agree
Bradley 6 digital, Bradley BCS, TSM 20 stainless, Masterbuilt 30 with cold smoke attachment, BGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Q2200,Homemade grill on trailer

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live
forever.” Mahatma Gandhi

Offline GusRobin

• Member Extraordinaire
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2013, 09:36:51 am »
I wasn't able to make it to the MWSO so I am BCS challenged. But if you are short of recipes I would gladly submit some if I was given a BCS to use them on. (Hey - had to try ::))
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

Offline Tenpoint5

• Moderation Team
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2013, 01:06:12 pm »

Philly Cheese Steak Stuffed Peppers

adapted from Peace Love and Low Carb. Recipe was originally tested with Deli Roast Beef.

1 lb Thinly Sliced Sirloin Steak (or you can use deli roast beef)
8 Slices Provolone Cheese
4 Large Green Bell Peppers
1 Medium Sweet Onion
1 pound White Mushrooms
3 Tbsp Butter
3 Tbs. Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper – to taste

DIRECTIONS

Preheat BCS on PL05

Slice a thin piece off each pepper lengthwise, remove ribs and seeds.
Slice onions and mushrooms. Saute over medium heat with butter, olive oil, and a little salt and pepper. Saute until onions and mushroom are nice and caramelized. About 25-30 minutes.
Salt and pepper the steak and saute in a little olive oil until just not pink. About 5 minutes.
Add steak to the onion/mushroom mixture and stir to combine.
Line the inside of each pepper with a slice of provolone cheese.
Fill each pepper with meat mixture until they are overflowing.
Top each pepper with another slice of provolone cheese tucking in edges of cheese.
Place in BCS on middle rack. Ensure your on PL05, Set timer for 1:20. Load 3 pucks and start the Smoke Generator and set for 30 minutes.

http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=33064.0

Offline Tenpoint5

• Moderation Team
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2013, 02:10:35 pm »
Just received this in an email. Thought I would share it with you. Seems we are on the right track!

Good Morning Chris,

First of all; thank you for your feedback on the recipe booklet! I do really appreciate the advice and feedback you sent to us. And I talked to Brian about this; and we do agree with you on that one. We do reckon that the recipe booklet is more than ready to be revised and updated.

Since you and the other attendees of the Smoke Out are seasoned smokers, I think it's a great idea for you guys to come up with recipes for a revised recipe booklet!! Would you be willing to coordinate this with the rest of the Smoke Out Team?

Inge Dams
Marketing & Communication
Bradley Smoker Inc., Bradley Smoker USA Inc., Bradley Technologies Canada Inc.

Offline Tiny Tim

• Member Extraordinaire
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2013, 02:47:42 pm »
I could do some "budget friendly" and "straight out of left field" entries if I only had one of these little beauties. :)  Wonder how Jelly Beans would hold up in that thing...................

Offline Tenpoint5

• Moderation Team
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2013, 03:05:10 pm »
What I would like to do is work with Inge and start with the recipe booklet for the BCS. From there we (The Forum Members) can move onto a recipe booklet for the 4 and 6 rack models.

NePaSmoKer

« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2013, 04:24:41 pm »
What I would like to do is work with Inge and start with the recipe booklet for the BCS. From there we (The Forum Members) can move onto a recipe booklet for the 4 and 6 rack models.

Ditto

Offline Bradley Marketing

• Moderation Team
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2013, 04:31:04 pm »
Hi fellow Smokers!
Just wanted to introduce myself quickly; i'm Inge Dams and I'm the Marketing/Communication coordinator for Bradley Smoker.
Thank you for the feedback! Yes indeed we are updating our recipe booklet! And we would LOVE your help on this. Let's create a great new recipe booklet together! How cool is it if people around the world are reading and using the recipes you have (co-)created!!

I'm looking forward hearing your ideas, recipes and feedback! If you have any questions or you want to send in your favorite recipe, please email me at: marketing@bradleysmoker.com . As you can see I'm also active on the forum, BUT via email still works faster :).
Thank you!!!