Bookmarks 3 Bookmarks

Author Topic: BCS Recipe Booklet  (Read 14639 times)

Offline Saber 4

• Member Extraordinaire
Re: BCS Recipe Booklet
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2013, 05:32:18 pm »
What I would like to do is work with Inge and start with the recipe booklet for the BCS. From there we (The Forum Members) can move onto a recipe booklet for the 4 and 6 rack models.

Ditto

Ditto X2

Hi fellow Smokers!
Just wanted to introduce myself quickly; i'm Inge Dams and I'm the Marketing/Communication coordinator for Bradley Smoker.
Thank you for the feedback! Yes indeed we are updating our recipe booklet! And we would LOVE your help on this. Let's create a great new recipe booklet together! How cool is it if people around the world are reading and using the recipes you have (co-)created!!

I'm looking forward hearing your ideas, recipes and feedback! If you have any questions or you want to send in your favorite recipe, please email me at: marketing@bradleysmoker.com . As you can see I'm also active on the forum, BUT via email still works faster :).
Thank you!!!

Looking forward to working with you also, is there a timeline that y'all are working under for the recipe booklet?

Offline ragweed

« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2013, 07:17:10 pm »

BCS Easy Chicken

Ingredients:
Your favorite BBQ dry rub (Jan's rub works real well)
Chicken breasts or hind quarters

Generously apply the rub to the chicken, both sides.  Place in refrigerator, covered, to rest.
Pre-heat the BCS to power level 3.
Once the BCS has come to temperature, place the chicken on a rack coated with non-stick spray or frog mats.
Place into BCS.  Start Smoke Generator and set for 90 minutes.
Suggested flavors of wood: Hickory or Pecan
Remove the chicken when the Internal Temperature is between 160 and 165 F.
Approximate cook time: 1 1/2 to 2 hours.

Offline Saber 4

• Member Extraordinaire
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2013, 07:44:12 pm »

Easy BCS Baby Back Ribs

Ingredient's:

1 or 2 racks of meaty baby back ribs
Your favorite rub (I used John Henry's Pecan on this rack)
Suggested woods: Pecan or Mesquite

Coat the ribs heavily with the rub, wrap and refrigerate for an hour up to overnight.
Pre-heat the BCS on power level 05.
Remove the ribs from the fridge, put on rack bone side down and add fresh rub if needed.
Place racks of ribs in the BCS.
Turn on Smoke Generator and set for 2 hours.
At the one hour mark rotate the racks.
After about 1 1/2 hours check the ribs, if the meat is starting to shrink from the end of the bone flip them meat side down to finish cooking.
When the ribs have been meat side down for about 20 minutes check them for doneness and remove.

Offline ragweed

« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2013, 12:39:46 pm »

Mock Sirloin Roast

Here's a way to have the flavor and texture of a sirloin roast using a much less costly cut of meat in your Bradley Counter Top Smoker.

Ingredients:
2 lb Beef Arm Roast
Rub: Equal parts black pepper, salt, garlic powder and onion powder.  Plus a dash of ground thyme.

Apply rub to the roast and allow to rest at room temperature.
Pre-heat the BCS to Power Level 3.
Once the BCS has reached temperature, place the roast on a rack coated with non-stick spray or use a frog mat.  Place into BCS.
Start Smoke Generator and set for 90 minutes.  Suggested flavors of wood: Hickory or Mesquite
Remove the roast when the internal temperature is 145 F for medium to medium rare.
FTC (wrap in foil, towel and place in cooler, no ice) and allow to rest for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Approximate cook time is 1 1/2 to 2 hours.

The resulting meat is very moist and surprisingly tender.

Offline pensrock

• Member Extraordinaire
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2013, 05:10:52 am »
Stuffed Chicken Poppers.

Preheat the BCS to power level 5

I used chicken breasts for this recipe but I'm sure you could also use boneless chicken thighs if you prefer dark meat.
Take your boneless chicken breasts and split into halves, then cut each half into two thinner pieces. Not too thin because you will be pounding them out into cutlets next.
I use plastic wrap but parchment or wax paper will work as well. Lay one piece of wrap down and place one piece of chicken on top, then cover with another piece of wrap. Pound it out till its about 1/4" thick, or thin enough to wrap around something.
Once all the chicken is prepared take one piece and season with your favorite rub.
Then take some cheese, can be any kind from cream to cheddar, whatever you like, I will use pepper cheese next time. Put the cheese inside 1/2 cleaned jalapeno pepper or the pepper of your choice.
Place in the center of the chicken and wrap the chicken around the cheese/pepper. Continue to fill and wrap the others.
Now wrap two slices of bacon around each chicken bundle and place onto BCS racks.
Put into the BCS and start smoking for an hour of whatever wood you prefer, I like hickory.
After an hour rotate the racks and check the internal temperature they are done at 165 F.
About 10-15 minutes before they are done (165 IT) and the bacon is getting crispy brush with some BBQ sauce.
Put back in till sauce sets and the chicken is done. I brushed mine twice with a Chipotle Raspberry BBQ sauce.

Its really quite simple, thin chicken wrapped around pretty much anything you want, wrapped with bacon, cooked and sauced.
You can wrap up veggies, more bacon, meatballs (CHMOINKS?) whatever you prefer.

Offline ragweed

« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2013, 07:51:27 am »

Deer Nuggets

Deer tenderloin, or a tender cut of beef.
Honey teriyaki marinade
Steak seasoning
Bacon

Cube the meat.  Marinate 2 - 4 hours, covered in the refrigerator.  Dust liberally with the steak seasoning.  Wrap in bacon and secure with a toothpick.
Pre-heat the BCS to Power level 4.  Once the BCS has reached temperature, place the nuggets on racks coated with a non-stick spray or use frog mats.
Place into BCS, start smoke generator using your favorite wood flavor.
Smoke/cook for about 1 hour or until bacon is crisp.

Enjoy!

Offline Bradley Marketing

• Moderation Team
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2013, 01:14:06 pm »
Hello all,

Thanks for posting the recipes! This is great stuff!! It looks super delicious!! We can definitely work with this. Keep on posting your best recipes. I'll try them out and collect them now and make a selection later. Thank you!!

Offline va6kw

• Still Outdoors
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2013, 09:03:44 am »

Simply butterfly the trout (3 trout about 2lb each before cleaning), sprinkle the meat side with coarse salt, brown sugar, and garlic powder. We lay the fish in a Tupperware container with flesh sides touching each other, and leave them in the fridge overnight. Then in the morning rinse them, pat them dry with paper towel and let them sit for about an hour. I wasn't sure where to set the smoker so we settled on six hours of setting Pl01, and 4 hours of smoke. I thought we would just let it run on this setting and if there is some adjusting to do we will try next time. They turned out amazing! We might try five hours next time just to see the difference. The flavor seemed to improve even more after sitting in a zip lock bag in the fridge for a few days!

Update: We did a 2nd batch with 4 hours of smoke and heat on Pl01 for 5 hours, turned out great, a little less dry than the 6 hours.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 08:52:41 am by va6kw »

Offline Tenpoint5

• Moderation Team
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2013, 09:48:18 am »
now that is some good looking trout!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

• Moderation Team
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2013, 02:41:47 pm »
Hi All,

Great recipes!! Thank you very much!! But we still don't have enough to fill the recipe booklet.. So if you have any new great recipes let me know!
Have a great weekend everyone!

Offline ragweed

« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2013, 03:00:32 pm »

Meatballs with Wild Rice

2 lb lean ground beef
1 lb bulk pork sausage
5 oz can evaporated milk
1 1/4 cup old fashioned oat meal
1 3/4 cup cooked wild rice
1/2 tsp black pepper
3/4 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp chili powder
2 tsp salt
2 large eggs
1/2 cup onion, chopped

Pre-heat the BCS to power level 4.  Mix all ingredients together and shape into meatballs: one inch for appetizers or larger for a main dish.  Once the BCS has reached temperature, place the meatballs on racks coated with a non-stick spray or use frog mats.  Place into BCS, start smoke generator using hickory or your favorite wood flavor.  Smoke/cook for one hour plus one more hour without smoke.

Enjoy, they're great as is or with your favorite mushroom or BBQ sauce.

Special thanks to NorthShoreMN and the Red Lake Tribe for sharing the original recipe.

Offline Saber 4

• Member Extraordinaire
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2013, 03:07:51 pm »
Definitely going to try this one

• Moderation Team
« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2013, 11:03:41 am »
That surely looks great!! Nice!!

barbquebec

« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2013, 01:03:06 pm »
Applewood Smoked,Maple Glazed Pork Center Loin Rack...
2hr. smoke(PL 02) and 1/2 hr. oven bake(250) with brushed on maple glaze...
Maple Glaze...
1/2 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup grainy mustard
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
pinch of salt
fresh ground pepper
knob of butter
Mix ingredients except butter.Heat to boiling,reduce heat to simmer until reduced by half...10/15 mins
Add butter...I also add a tbsp. of brandy or bourbon at the end... :) serve remaining glaze with pork.

8)
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 05:46:10 pm by barbquebec »

Offline Saber 4

• Member Extraordinaire
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2013, 07:26:27 pm »
That looks good, I wonder if you bumped up to PL 03 or 04 for that last half hour if you could skip heating up the oven and finish it in the BCS?