finally got around to a bigger batch of cheese

Started by Snoopy, September 14, 2013, 09:00:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snoopy

hit Costco today, bad idea when A: Your Hungry B: haven't smoked anything in a week or 2. ended up doing some Jarlsberg, Gouda, 3 year aged cheddar (which is amazing just by itself), Monterey jack, coby jack, and mild chedder. 1 mesquite and 3 apple later i'm loving the smell, but learned my lesson last time and straight into the vac bags. can't wait for a few weeks from now.

on top of the cheese purchase was I think around 40+ lbs of pork

Saber 4

The waiting is the hardest part, I had to write "open after" dates on all my cheese so I wouldn't cheat and open to soon and now I'm about halfway through the wait so all I can say is come on October 1st!!!!

ragweed

Nice looking batch of cheese!  Now the hard waiting period begins.  It's time for me to smoke another batch.

Tenpoint5

Looks good Snoop. See how well that little taste test lesson on the first batch of cheese helps with every single batch afterwards!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Saber 4

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on September 15, 2013, 08:14:42 AM
Looks good Snoop. See how well that little taste test lesson on the first batch of cheese helps with every single batch afterwards!

Yeah! thanks Snoop for being the guinea pig so I had the will power not to try it out of the smoker, no matter how hard 10.5 tried to convince me to. ;D