Smoke generator and oven work independently?

Started by pondee, August 24, 2013, 12:16:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pondee

I thought that the Smoke Generator (SG) and the oven heater were to work independently.  When my Sg cut off after its prescribed 3 hours, the oven heat shut down. The oven was programed to go for 4 more hours.  HELP!  Not an immediate emergency as I emptied the SG of pucks and turned it back on. The oven heat came back.  Is it supposed to work like that?  Isn't the oven supposed to work even if the SG is off?

While I'm at it.  The SG seems to stop delivering a puck each 20 minutes after about an hour, or so, of smoke.  Even though there are pucks in the tube and chute and the SG was programed to go for three.  Manually advancing the pucks works, but that is not set and forget/leave alone.

Help please

Saber 4

On my digital 4 rack they work independently so I would say you have an issue, there are instructions for troubleshooting on here but I don't have them bookmarked yet so you'll have to search for them if someone else doesn't show up soon with the links.

beefmann

do you have the digital or the original?... if it is the original sounds  like a  wire crossed some place,,,  if digital,  can not  help

pondee

Tenpoint5

Give Bradley customer service a call sounds like something is wired wrong in you smoke generator
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

pondee

Thank you, everyone for your suggestions and help.  Called customer service and got a few other suggestions.  But the primary problem, is (was) me.  Once I recheck all the plugs and set everything up, I seem to have had trouble with low and slow and the patience required.  Like an overactive child with the chocolate whirlies and a new toy I couldn't resist the temptation to check out how everything was working, kinda constantly.  The best advice, set the smoker up, fill the water bowl, preheat the chamber, install enough pucks for your smoking time, check you smoke and cooking times, I set the chamber time for wll beyond the time needed and turn it off manually when the thermometer tells me dinner's ready. Put meat into the chamber and wait for the thermometer to tell your it's ready.  Enjoy a beverage, do something around the house, go shopping, nap, refresh the wife. just LET THE BRADLEY DO IT'S THING without interference from me.  Seems to be working, kinda a Zen thing.  I think I like it.

Thanks all.  See ya:

Frank