Heating element troubles ( unit bought in April )

Started by Dj2loud, September 02, 2013, 10:08:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dj2loud

Hi all, new to the forums and I'm a huge fan of smoking... Today was a frustrating day.... Started my rub down of a 11lb butt for pulled pork last night, injected at 4 am,  set up my 6 rack digital at 6, temp came right up to 230 degrees no issues.... Opened the door and put in the butt and watched the temp drop to 74! Waited a 1/2 hr and no temp change at all.... Checked fuse, plugged in the cord into the back instead of the main unit, no glow...... Checked the forums and found good info...

Correct me if I'm wrong but if you have no continuity ( tone ) between the posts the element is no good right ???

What a way to start our Labor Day picnic..... :-\

beefmann

looks  like your element has  gone bad, what you  can  do is go ahead and  smoke... after  the smoke move to your  main  oven  set it at  225 ( or your lowest setting  close to that  ) and  finish  cooking there,  contact bradley  tomorrow for another  element..  hopefully a  free replacement

Dj2loud

Thanks for the reply, hate to have the pork butt in the oven........  Labor Day picnic is'nt totally ruined... Have a great day all....

beefmann