Smoked Venison??? A Photo

Started by MWS, May 27, 2006, 07:43:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MWS

Some of you may have seen this photo before...if not, notice the two deer in the creek. Forest fire season is upon us again and as a fella who relies on the forest for my livelihood...lets hope we don't see to much of these scenes this summer. Cheers all..

Mike 

"Men like to barbecue, men will cook if danger is involved"

MRH

whitetailfan

Saw that pic a few years ago, in fact it was my PC wallpaper for quite a while.  Not sure if that is as large a pic as you got, larger it is more spectacular.  It's a couple of cow elk looking where to run to.
Quote from: mws on May 27, 2006, 07:43:05 PM
Forest fire season is upon us again and as a fella who relies on the forest for my livelihood...lets hope we don't see to much of these scenes this summer. Cheers all.
I'll second that.  Too many fires back home in recent years.  Went camping May Long and the devastation is still so prominent it is sad.
Vegetarian is an ancient aboriginal word meaning "lousy hunter"
We have enough youth...how about a fountain of smart?
Living a healthy lifestyle is simply choosing to die at the slowest possible rate.

iceman

I hear all of you on the fire season thing. Ann and I had to pack the truck and load up the dogs and take off for two days. 800 acres burned but we got real lucky. The forest dept used our place for a base so we got treated real good. We ended up putting on a big feed for all of them yesterday. Those folks sure earn they're pay! Record highs and no rain are making for a time bomb in our area. We wish the best for everyone. It kind of humbles you when you almost lose all you have.