Ideas for smoking tough cuts of meat on Bradley Digital

Started by ssherman, September 17, 2013, 09:48:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ssherman

I just got my Smoker and now after a long trip out of town, I'm back and ready to do some smokin'!  I did a chicken yesterday, a big 6 pounder and it took over 6 hours, but turned out great, tender juicy and falling off the bone.

My question to the veterans out here is how is the best way to deal with smoking a tough cut of meat like an eye of round roast?  Are cuts like this even doable in the Bradley?  Thanks in advance for the input.
What is the ground drag coefficient of an unhusked turtle?

beefmann

yes you  can  do tough cuts of meat in the  bradley, just be patient,

prepare the meat  with  jans  rub  or your favorite  rub    let  stand in the fridge over night, pre heat your  smoker for 30  mins, at  225 and have your top  vent  open,  load your   pucks  no more then  4 hours worth. place your  meat in the  smoker on one of the two top  shelves, advance the first  puck onto the  burner and close the  door...  let the  smoke roll  no   looking  or any  thing... once the  smoke has  compleated change  out the  water  bowl and add in  some soda  or   juice.. insert a   remote thermometer into the meat and  cook  till an IT of 190 F to 195 then  giver it a shot

Grouperman941

I smoke eye round at 200 degrees to an IT of 140. I slice it thin for some of the best cold cut roast beef I've ever had.
I just spent $12 K on this Honda Accord! Why can't it tow my boat?!?

Saber 4

I've done both of the above methods with great success, I also like to make my jerky with eye of round in the Bradley

ssherman

Quote from: beefmann on September 17, 2013, 12:10:14 PM

prepare the meat  with  jans  rub  or your favorite  rub    let  stand in the fridge over night, pre heat your  smoker for 30  mins, at  225 and have your top  vent  open,  load your   pucks  no more then  4 hours worth. place your  meat in the  smoker on one of the two top  shelves, advance the first  puck onto the  burner and close the  door...  let the  smoke roll  no   looking  or any  thing... once the  smoke has  compleated change  out the  water  bowl and add in  some soda  or   juice.. insert a   remote thermometer into the meat and  cook  till an IT of 190 F to 195 then  giver it a shot
Thanks.  What do you think of a citrus based marinade?  I used this technique for Baby Backs and it worked great to help keep the meat moist.
What is the ground drag coefficient of an unhusked turtle?

beefmann

Quote from: ssherman on September 18, 2013, 04:47:26 AM
Quote from: beefmann on September 17, 2013, 12:10:14 PM

Thanks.  What do you think of a citrus based marinade?  I used this technique for Baby Backs and it worked great to help keep the meat moist.

I think it would be  good...  give it a   shot

KyNola

The citrus based marinade could help to tenderize the meat due to the acid from the citrus.  I agree with the Beefmann, go for it!

BAM1

Marinades and/or injections will help your tenderness.  Low and slow.
Pork Stars KCBS BBQ Team
Bradley digital 6 rack w/Auber PID/900w mod
Bradley counter top two rack
Traeger Texas model w/Savannah Stoker
2 Weber Performer charcoal grills
Charbroil SRG
Backwoods Fatboy
KCBS CBJ