Temperature and Humidity Controller

Started by ratherbboating, September 23, 2013, 01:52:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ratherbboating

Has anybody used the Auber Plug-n-play Temperature and Humidity Controller?  I am thinking about one to run my up-right freezer as a temp and humidifier.  Use would be to make sausage that has to age / bloom and a cheese cave.   Both require 50-60F temps and 50-75% humidity ranges.

Thanks
The only real stumbling block is fear of failure. In cooking you've got to have a what-the-hell attitude. Julia Child

Saber 4

I haven't but can't wait to see the answers from the Auber masters, because I can see a need for something similar for me.

devo

I had bought the Model: SYL-2342H, and it worked just OK. It always seemed to lock up on me. I ended up buying a timer that reset the power every hour and that seemed to help some. There was some talk going on about adjustments and extra parts that Aurber suggested but from what Mr Walleye had tested did not work any better. Anyways I just received the plug and play one and really have not had a chance to test it out other than for about 2 hours today just to see if everything works. Very easy to set up but the big difference is it will not run a humidifier and a dehumidier (fan) at the same time. Either one or the other. The heating/fridge side I don't need but I am sure it works OK. Just remember the total amps can not exceed 15 amps.
Hopefully in the next little while I will be able to get a batch of something going to really test the plug and play out better.

lumpy

Just bought
•Model: TH102 from Auber. Have not used it yet but will in the next few weeks. I will let you know how well it works.

Lump

devo

I have been testing the TH102 from Auber on my latest patch of Salami Sticks. Had to incubate them @ 90% R/H. I found the controller over shot the set point of 90% R/H and would trigger the HIGH ALARM which is at its highest max setting. (99.9%) This alarm has a very annoying buzzer that can not be shut off, at least i found no way of turning it off. There is suppose to be a mute option (down arrow key)but so far I mine dose not work.   ::) It will only run in humidity or dehumidify modes, not both at the same time like the SYL-2342H will. That is a very nice option to have if you want a fan to come on if the R/H gets to high. If all you want is a controller to turn on a cool misting device than this will do the job with limitations.

lumpy

Thanks for the tip Don. Have you spoken to Suyi about this?

Lump

devo

No, I'm sure it's something I'm not doing. When it was buzzing away I might have been to frustrated to get it to stop lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

ratherbboating

Just want it to control a misting device and the temp of a freezer.  Don't think it has to be real tight on keeping something cool or the RH close.  Still looking around, but need to do something soon.
The only real stumbling block is fear of failure. In cooking you've got to have a what-the-hell attitude. Julia Child

devo

Just remember the total amps of the equipment your trying to control can't be more than 15 amps.