Bradley Smoker sure seems small.

Started by Tim S, May 29, 2006, 08:23:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tim S

I am looking to buy a smoker and need some advive. My main objective to start out would be to smoke pork ribs and then try other things. Does the size of the Bradley original smoker limit a person as to what he or she can smoke? What would be the largest size turkey or ham one could smoke in the original model? Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
Tim S

Arcs_n_Sparks

Quote from: Tim S on May 29, 2006, 08:23:27 AM
Does the size of the Bradley original smoker limit a person as to what he or she can smoke?

Tim S,

Welcome to the forum. To your question, depends on what you want to do. Good enough for me for smoked sausages, butts, briskets, and smoking corned beef into pastrami. Yesterday, did a 8.5 pound butt and a 4 pound corned beef and had room left over. I do my turkeys on the Weber; may be a little tight trying to get a bird in there without going verticle.

Arcs_n_Sparks

MallardWacker

Tim,

Welcome...I am sure a few will chime in here, you can do smaller turkeys with no problem.  I have actually done a butt and turkey.  The only problem I ran into was the door thermometer probe on the door...it can get in the way with larger pieces of meat, just be careful on how you load the smoker.

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...

BigSmoker

"Re: Bradley Smoker sure seems small."

That what my wife said til I showed her how to use it.   ;D.

Best Smoker I ever owned hands down ;).
Some people say BBQ is in the blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.

boxertrio

Four 7lb butts at a time.....no problem.  25 chicken rolls, messy,but no problem. Four 6lb chickens....no problem either.  I was a little worried about the size too when I bought it.  The BS will supprise you with what it will hold.  I bought mine so I wouldn't have to fire the pit for 20-30lb of meat.  I've put ALOT of meat through it, and have not had a single problem with the Bradley.
--"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever the cost, fight back!" -- Lt. Colonel Jeff Cooper; USMC

Tim S

Sounds like the Bradley Original will suit my needs. Does the finish hold up well on these smokers??
I like the idea of the Stainless Steel model but it is several $$$ higher than the original model.
Can you guys recommend an online dealer that has good prices and service? Thanks for the great advice.
Tim S

iceman

Quote from: Tim S on May 30, 2006, 03:39:50 PM
Sounds like the Bradley Original will suit my needs. Does the finish hold up well on these smokers??
I like the idea of the Stainless Steel model but it is several $$$ higher than the original model.
Can you guys recommend an online dealer that has good prices and service? Thanks for the great advice.
IMO you can't beat the service from Chez Bubba. Kirk is the man when it comes to service and support. Just my humble opinion (backed with past experiances with him). The finish holds up very well on the black units. Good luck and your going to enjoy the Bradley if that's what you decide to purchase. ;)

asa

Quote from: Tim S on May 30, 2006, 03:39:50 PM

If you have a neighborhood dealer that you like and trust, by all means go with them. But if you're going to send away for it, I'm not aware of a better source than Chez Bubba. I'm relatively new to smoking with a Bradley and this BS forum (he said affectionately), but I can't imagine any better service, especially if what everyone else says about Kirk and Anne is true based on many more months and years of experience with them. I ordered mine on a Friday, and it was here the next Tuesday. Ordered more pucks the next week, and they were here for smoking that weekend. Their reputation is great for service. And besides, you have to go with anyone who thought up that name!
Enjoy good Southern-style smoked barbecue -- it's not just for breakfast anymore!
Play old-time music - it's better than it sounds!
     And
Please Note: The cook is not responsible for dog hair in the food!!

Oldman

Chez Bubba's House Of Smoke

Chez knowledge is outstanding as he has been using a Bradley for years.
Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

JJC

So, Tim--did you decide to get a Bradley?  Hope so!  ;D
John
Newton MA

Tim S

Quote from: JJC on June 05, 2006, 09:08:13 PM
So, Tim--did you decide to get a Bradley?  Hope so!  ;D

With Father's Day coming up and the fact that my Birthday is in August I hope to get enough cash to pull off one of the original models. The Stainless digital 4 rack model would be nice but they are way too expensive for me. I have asked the Wife for $$$ for Fathers day and for my B-Day so keep your fingers crossed.
Tim S

Smokin Joe

Good luck to you on getting your Bradley Tim.  You are going to love it.  I use a variety of different types and brands in my day to day, and I really enjoy my Bradley.  When the one I am using now finally gives up the ghost, I will definitely be getting another...

BTW, Chez Bubba is definitely the way to go for mail order.  He is definitely number one in service and price.  He's good people!
Joe Johnson
Founding Partner
Caroline's Rub - Dry Rubs, Smoked Salt, and Texas Chili Seasoning

Be sure to sign up for our Smoke and Spice Newsletter!

Darren

Hey Guy's, I just wanted to put in my 2 cents worth about Chezbubba (Kirk and Anne).
I am currently living in South Korea and have just purchased the Digital 4 rack model from them, Kirk and Anne went out of there way to not only supply the BS but a bunch of other goodies as well.
If there is a medal around for great service it should go to them.

Happy Smokin
South Korea

iceman

Ditto Daren, Kirk and Anne are the best IMHO.