Bad Door Seal

Started by SmokeBomb, May 29, 2006, 03:46:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmokeBomb

Hey Guys,

Just trying to get some info here. My Bradley has vented at the top of the door by the hinge for about a year now. I can't see any loss in performance, but it has been doing since the first time I used it, which was about a year and a half after I got it, because of military deployment issues. It is bad enough that I have smoke trails running down the side of the box. I was just curious if anyone else has had this problem and whether I should just let it go or replace the seal. Thanks in advance for your input.  Smokebomb.

owrstrich

'''military deployment issues'''

bomb... you are a REAL patriot... thank you very much...

my seal has never leaked... i think the main thing is to wipe it down after each smoke or it may be stuck to the box on next use... im thinking it may need a little realigning... i really dont know...

i just wanted you to know your service to your country is appreciated... expecially today...

you gotta eat...

owrstrich

i am johnny owrstrich... i disapprove of this post...

Habanero Smoker

Welcome to the forum.

If there are no performance issues, I would not worry about it. Occasionally I will have smoke coming out of the bottom seal of the door, but this can be mostly corrected by reshaping the seal.

How wide do you open your vent? Having too small of an opening in the vent will cause the smoke and moisture to escape either through the generator or other openings.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

SmokeBomb

Owrstrich, Thanks for the kind words. I did a little over 26 years and wouldn't change one of them - it was fun from start to finish...

Haberano Smoker, I normally run around 2/3s shut. I was afraid that much more open than that would lead to temp. control issues. I wil look at the seal and see if I can re-shape it. Thanks.

SmokeBomb