BS611 Failure Reviews

Started by smokerator, October 04, 2013, 05:53:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smokerator

I recently went to amazon.com to check out their price on the BS611. Great price $359.00 includes freight. I went to the customer review section and saw the following. :'(

111 Reviews
5 star:    (59)
4 star:    (18)
3 star:    (4)
2 star:    (10)
1 star:    (20)

I'm really concerned about a few things after reading the reviews. Most were related to pretty regular heating element failure and door hinge issues. I take the reviews with a grain of salt and still want a BS611.

Anyone out here have simular issues? If so, were you happy with Bradleys customer service and the time it took for the items to be replaced?

Any feed back good or bad will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike aka Smokerator

Mike aka Smokerator

BS611

Fireguy06

I have not had any problems with mine had it for about 3 1/2 years and my dad has had one for almost 4 1/2 years and no problems
OBS
Aubers single probe PID
Gas grill
Weber kettle grill
Traeger pellet grill

GusRobin

I had a couple of small issues, that were handled by Bradley in short order. Their customer service is one of the best I have ever experienced. I have recommended and therefore responsible for at least 4 other people buying one and they do not regret it.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

KyNola

Hi Mike, are you aware that the first OBS model where you have posted has been discontinued?  There is a new and vastly improved OBS.  The model number is BS611.  I would highly encourage you to consider it rather than purchasing a model that has been discontinued.

Saber 4

I love my digital Bradley and the customer support is phenomenal.

smokerator

Quote from: KyNola on October 04, 2013, 07:15:44 PM
Hi Mike, are you aware that the first OBS model where you have posted has been discontinued?  There is a new and vastly improved OBS.  The model number is BS611.  I would highly encourage you to consider it rather than purchasing a model that has been discontinued.

Sorry guys.... I'm referring to the BS611 not the OBS.

NEWBIE MISTAKE

Smokerator aka Mike
Mike aka Smokerator

BS611

KyNola

And I didn't notice that you had referenced the 611 in your original post.  My apologies to you.

Grouperman941

I am going on a year and a half with no problems whatsoever, and I smoke a lot.

Few people with good experiences take time to write reviews.
I just spent $12 K on this Honda Accord! Why can't it tow my boat?!?

pokermeister

I have a BS611 and used it about 50 times in the past year. Had a problem initially with a non-heating puck burner, but Bradley Customer service replaced it within 3 days. Absolutely no complaints since.
Life is short, eat the dessert first!