Building for your smoker

Started by Fireguy06, October 07, 2013, 06:12:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fireguy06

Where or what's does your smoker go in anyone have a separate building for your smoker mine is in my garage right now it's a old garage but we will be building a new house this coming spring so gotta do something new with the smoker either vent it out the garage or put it in a little she'd show me what u got
OBS
Aubers single probe PID
Gas grill
Weber kettle grill
Traeger pellet grill

Saber 4

I have mine on rolling carts that I keep in the old part of the house until we do our remodel then I'll have to either build a shed or an outdoor kitchen for mine. If you do a search you will find lots of posts on cabinets and carts being used to house them.

beefmann

TedEbear

Here are a few:

Fireguy06

I am most likely gunna put in the garage and I see some guys put a vent hood over top of them put doesn't that pull the smoke out of the smoker faster than it just flowing out at its normal speed
OBS
Aubers single probe PID
Gas grill
Weber kettle grill
Traeger pellet grill

beefmann

tskeeter

Quote from: Fireguy06 on October 17, 2013, 06:33:38 AM
I am most likely gunna put in the garage and I see some guys put a vent hood over top of them put doesn't that pull the smoke out of the smoker faster than it just flowing out at its normal speed

Fireguy, most of the vent hood installations that I have seen in pictures look like they are 6 - 10 inches above the smoker, without any vent extensions or the like.  I don't know this for a fact, but I suspect having that kind of a space between the smoker and the hood makes it easier for the hood to pull in surrounding air than it is to pull the air through the smoker.  This should minimize the risk that the vent hood will pull the smoke out of the smoker.  And a larger gap between the pieces of equipment should further reduce that risk.   

pokermeister

I live in Vegas, so it never gets cold enough to have a building  ::)
Life is short, eat the dessert first!