Je possède un fumoir bradley et j'aimerais faire du jambon fumé
quelqu'un peut me dire  le temps de fumage svp pour 5kg de jambon fumé

Merci beaucoup

Hello

I am french i has a bradley smoker and would like to smoked ham can
Someone tell me the smoking lasted for 5kg and 1kg of smoked ham thank you

3rensho

Bonjour,

If you are talking about hot smoking then cooking time will vary with size but most will agree that smoke uptake decreases rapidly after about four hours.  Cold smoking it is possible to smoke 2-3 hours a day, each day, for several days to get more smoke.  At least in my experience.

From Google -

Si vous parlez de fumage à chaud puis le temps de cuisson varie selon la taille, mais la plupart seront d'accord que l'absorption de fumée diminue rapidement après environ quatre heures. Le fumage à froid, il est possible de fumer 2-3 heures par jour, chaque jour, pendant plusieurs jours pour obtenir plus de fumée. Au moins dans mon expérience.
Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.

David77

This is the smoking has froid.il is compulsory smoke over several days? If so how many days? smoke in only one time for 6 or 7 hours is not enough for a ham?

Thank you

Saber 4

I haven't done it but have seen Black Forest style hams put in a hot water bath for a few minutes (don't know the exact time) then back in for more smoke and this is repeated several times to get the deep smoke flavor in that it's known for. I'm sure an internet search would give you more info on this as I have only seen it done on a food show.

David77

thank you I will look at it certainly sa.il hundred preparation differente .. the problem and the bradley smoker smokes faster than other smoker so I struggle to find
recipe to go with these super smoking

Habanero Smoker

For a 5k ham I will apply about 4 hours of smoke and continue to cook, a 1k ham I may use 1:40 - 2:00 hours of smoke. I cook by internal temperature The below link is the way I smoke a cured ham in the Bradley:
Smoked Cured Ham

If you ham is already cured skip down to the "Smoking Directions". I have modified the way I do smoke, and now keep the cabinet temperature between 120°F - 130°F while applying smoke. Also I've cut my drying time down to about 6 hours. I find lightly spritzing the ham every hour during the smoke application, improves the smoke flavor. I will update the online recipe when I get a chance.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

beefmann

NorthShoreMN

Welcome from NE Minnesota
Bradley 6 digital, Bradley BCS, TSM 20 stainless, Masterbuilt 30 with cold smoke attachment, BGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Q2200,Homemade grill on trailer

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live
forever." Mahatma Gandhi

ragweed

Welcome to the forum from Nebraska.

3rensho

Quoteis compulsory smoke over several days?

Not at all.  It is simply a matter of personal taste - how heavy a smoke taste you enjoy.  That's the beauty of doing it yourself  ;D 
Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.