Indoor smoker mods?

Started by AK_Smoker, October 14, 2013, 12:06:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AK_Smoker

I was watching some you tube videos on sausage making and saw this smoker with a vent added.  This would be a great mod heading into winter in Alaska.  Has anyone done this to their Bradley?

tskeeter

AK_Smoker, check out the accessories forum.  That's where members have posted pictures of their smoking set ups.  Most of them are outdoors.  But there are also several indoor setups, located in garages and even basements.

Saber 4

I have a 12x12 building that we used for horse tack that I may be converting into a Bradley/sausage making/dehydrator building using a similar venting system and adding a second unit for cold smoking.

STLstyle

This is my setup.  I stole it from iceman if my memory serves me.  Works well...

DBS 6 Rack
Dual 500W Element Mod
BBQ Guru DigiQ / Raptor Combo

Saber 4

The vent a hood I get and like, but what is that mounted above it?

beefmann

STLstyle

Saber, I originally used black stove pipe.  It looked really cool but wouldn't draw for anything bc of the 90 degree bend and moisture was a problem. 

I still need to patch that hole!!!!

DBS 6 Rack
Dual 500W Element Mod

Saber 4

Quote from: STLstyle on October 15, 2013, 07:17:32 PM
Saber, I originally used black stove pipe.  It looked really cool but wouldn't draw for anything bc of the 90 degree bend and moisture was a problem. 

I still need to patch that hole!!!!

That makes sense, Does the hood catch all the smoke when you open the door and does it cause to much draw and burn the pucks up faster? I may be turning an old 12x12 portable building into Bradley Headquarters with my 4 rack digital, a separate cold smoke setup, my dehydrator and my sausage making stuff over the winter and I'd like to figure out the exhaust first time around if possible.

STLstyle

Hood catches most of the smoke.  Others have used a piece of PVC pipe to guide the smoke to the hood.  Draw is not a problem plus I like the smell of smoke when I open the door so I'm happy!

DBS 6 Rack
Dual 500W Element Mod