Cabela's

Started by Gafala, October 14, 2013, 08:44:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gafala

I saw that Cabela's now has a new flavor chili and cumin, plus there Pepper-Rosemary-Thyme bisquettes, I like the Pepper-Rosemary-Thyme on chicken. Has any one tried  the chili yet.

Flavors:
Cabela's Seasoned Pepper, Rosemary and Thyme – A robust and balanced blend of all three flavors.

Cabela's Seasoned Southwest Blend – Infused with the great taste of chili and cumin.
Bradley 4 rack Digital, 900 watt, Auber PID
Bradley cold smoke adapter
Char-Griller Smoking Pro BBQ Smoker with rotisserie
Brinkman Bullet Smoker
Weber 24"
Custom Hard Cure Cabinet for Salami
One Auber Master Temp monitor and two remotes with probes, up to ten remotes can be used.

Saber 4

I haven't tried it yet, but the salesman I know at our local store opened a box to have me smell it and I think it would be a good one to try

GusRobin

Yes - I liked them both. Use the Rosemary whenever I do anything with lamb.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

DryCreek

Quote from: Gafala on October 14, 2013, 08:44:44 AM

Flavors:

Cabela's Seasoned Southwest Blend – Infused with the great taste of chili and cumin.

I have tried this flavor.  The smoke is a tad on the bitter side from the crushed red pepper flakes.  I would not use it for an entire smoke, but might start something like a flank steak or chicken breasts (for fajitas) on it and finish with oak.  It is almost like Mesquite, but with a sharper odor.

hutcho

I used the southwest one and really liked it.  Used it on some marinated steaks and they turned out really darn good :)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2