Pork Shoulder Question

Started by mwilliams7967, October 17, 2013, 04:19:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mwilliams7967

I have done several pork butts in my Bradley in the past. I'm looking for thoughts, ideas, on placing a pan on the bottom rack for drippings. I have not done this before, just looking for some input! Thanks     And I will post pictures!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

beefmann

as for  saving the  drippings, wait till the  smoke process is over before saving or trying to save ... my  experience in saving while smoking  is you  get  nasty ash taste in the drippings, after the smoke you  should be all right ,,, just taste before using and go from there, also use a  smaller bowl, tray then the  rack, and  keep the water  puck  bowl full of liquid to help with the  juices and  drippings 

mwilliams7967

Ok, thanks for the advise! I planned on waiting for the smoke to be finished. Have you ever covered with foil after the smoke is done?

beefmann

i have  smoked the  meat,,, and after the  smoking  process wrapped the  meat in foil with several  ounces of apple juice ( though any liquid will do,,, flavored is best ) then finished cooking, the  juice can be  used for just about anything including  gravy

mwilliams7967

I may do that!! Just to switch things up a bit! I'll let you know with pictures