Cheesiest night

Started by anthony, October 16, 2013, 04:59:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anthony

I will let the pics do the talking.....

Coopersharp, 4 cheese Italian, provolone

They are in for 1 hr 40 min of hickory smoke.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Saber 4

Looks like plenty of fun.

beefmann

gotta take the wrapper off to smoke  ;D ;D gonna be  fun

Smokin Sparky

Just a quick note.  I like to vacuum seal and let it rest for at least 3 to 4 weeks before eating. (unless you like that ashtray taste)    ;) ;) ;)

Blake
Never be afraid to try something new.
Remember, amateurs built the ark.
Professionals built the Titanic.

Saber 4

Quote from: Smokin Sparky on October 16, 2013, 06:02:59 PM
Just a quick note.  I like to vacuum seal and let it rest for at least 3 to 4 weeks before eating. (unless you like that ashtray taste)    ;) ;) ;)

Blake

x2

anthony

I have to take the wrappers off, no wonder i can't taste smoke on some of this stuff.

I know all about the long wait ahead.  I still have a small stash to tide me over for the month or so ahead. 

Thanks for the tips guys

anthony

Out of the smoker...

Saber 4

Looks like you got some good color going there, have you done the hickory salt yet? if not you might want to give it a try.

anthony

Off to bed....

anthony

Quote from: Saber 4 on October 16, 2013, 07:25:38 PM
Looks like you got some good color going there, have you done the hickory salt yet? if not you might want to give it a try.
Have not tried hickory salt, I will have to look that one up and give it a go. 

Saber 4

I got it from TenPoint5 and it is unbelievable. Just get some course sea salt that goes in salt grinders and put it on coffee filters on the racks and smoke away, stirring around a little every hour or two. I have some that has been smoked 3 times now for 5-6 hours each time, I ground some into some alfredo sauce for a pasta dish and you wouldn't believe how good it was.

anthony

Quote from: Saber 4 on October 16, 2013, 07:50:44 PM
I got it from TenPoint5 and it is unbelievable. Just get some course sea salt that goes in salt grinders and put it on coffee filters on the racks and smoke away, stirring around a little every hour or two. I have some that has been smoked 3 times now for 5-6 hours each time, I ground some into some alfredo sauce for a pasta dish and you wouldn't believe how good it was.

Does cold or hot smoke matter?  Just wondering if I could throw it in there with some other stuff that is getting smoke, (butts or brisket)

Smokin Sparky

You need to cold smoke cheese otherwise you will end up with a glob of melted cheese.  Cheese should be smoked at less than 90 degrees. Other smokes such as meat require a higher temp and putting your cheese in there would leave you a big mess.  ;)

Blake
Never be afraid to try something new.
Remember, amateurs built the ark.
Professionals built the Titanic.

Saber 4

Quote from: anthony on October 17, 2013, 06:57:09 AM
Quote from: Saber 4 on October 16, 2013, 07:50:44 PM

Does cold or hot smoke matter?  Just wondering if I could throw it in there with some other stuff that is getting smoke, (butts or brisket)

You can hot or cold smoke the salt, it melts at some ridiculously high temperature, just remember it can be hot when you stir it around with your finger every so often. Here's a link to a post I did on smoking chex mix and salt at the same time. http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=33162.msg387245#msg387245 Have some fun with it and let us know how it turns out.

beefmann

great  job on the cheese