Moose brauts success!

Started by AK_Smoker, October 16, 2013, 07:11:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AK_Smoker

This year I bit the bullet and bought the equipment to process sausage.  I purchased a VP112 chamber vacuum sealer for salmon and now sausage, a heavy duty grinder and vertical stuffer.  I've been playing with my homemade PID controlled OBS for a couple years but have been wanting to further process my game for a while.

For the test run I used 6lbs of last year's moose burger and ground up a 12lb pork butt off which I used half.  I used a prepackaged cure and season mix stuffed into collagen casings.  After watching a few you tube videos and reading this forum I jumped right in.  The only part that was a little tricky was the stuffing and linking of the sausages. 

Dried them 1 hr at 130, then 150 for 1hr and then to 185 until done, alone was on about 2 hours but could have been on longer.  After a little over 4 hrs nto a cooler full of ice and then back in the fridge.  Vacuum packed after work today after throwing a few onto the bbq for dinner.

Saber 4

Nice setup and it looks like you've got some serious sausage

beefmann

OU812

Good lookin sausage,,,,,,,,,,,I want your vacuum sealer  ;D

AK_Smoker

We catch and freeze over 100 red and silver salmon every year between my family and relatives so I could easily justify the vacuum sealer.

Saber 4

That be a whole lot a fishing going on...

OU812

Nice catch!

Somebody better put the lid on that Crown Royal,,,,,,,,it would be a shame if any got spilled  ;D