Starting a Pork Shoulder Smoke!

Started by mwilliams7967, October 19, 2013, 03:42:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mwilliams7967

Gonna start a shoulder smoke tonite and hopefully have some good pulled pig for the Steelers game tomorrow. I brined it in the Sauce Bauce's recipe for 8 hours, then applied the rub! Here it is getting ready to go in!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

beefmann

looking good so far, cook at 220 - 225  smoke with hickory mesquite oak or maple, no more then 4 hours, till an IT of 190- 200 , start checking at 185 F to  see if it is  ready  to be  pulled, if it  pulls easy then  pull it,, if not wait another 5 degrees and  try again.... once  done you  can  place into a crock  pot  with apple  juice to  keep warm and introduce moisture back into the meat,

keep the top  vent  open..  good  luck on the  smoke and  game 

mwilliams7967

Thank you! I like the crock pot idea.

beefmann

Saber 4

Looks like it will be good for the game tomorrow.

mwilliams7967

Update! Just got through the stall and at 178 degrees! It got colder than expected overnight dropping my box to 180 while I slept. I got it back to 220 at 5am. Pictures to follow

mwilliams7967

Here it is 17 hours later at 195 degrees. It is now foiled and toweled in the cooler! The fork spun like it was in butter!! I can't wait!!

ragweed

beefmann

Tenpoint5

Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

mevswild

Beauty looking pork!! Glad to hear you liked the cheeseburger bites and that you're gonna try them out

mwilliams7967

Annnnd here it is pulled!! I made a vinegar based table sauce to go with it. I'll let you know how it tastes!!!!

mwilliams7967

Here's the final result, topped with coleslaw and a Carolina sauce. (Ignore the fine china it's on)

Gafala

Love the fine china, but the food is better. ;D :)
Bradley 4 rack Digital, 900 watt, Auber PID
Bradley cold smoke adapter
Char-Griller Smoking Pro BBQ Smoker with rotisserie
Brinkman Bullet Smoker
Weber 24"
Custom Hard Cure Cabinet for Salami
One Auber Master Temp monitor and two remotes with probes, up to ten remotes can be used.

iceman