smoked bacon cheeseburger bites

Started by mevswild, October 20, 2013, 06:26:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mevswild

Had a few of the guys over last night to watch the hockey game (forgive me it is Canada) so I felt the itch to get something going in the smoker. Had some ground beef in the fridge and a pack of bacon so I started day dreaming.  I've done ABTs a couple times now so I thought I would be able to do something similar with beef.
found a jar of sliced pickles and I was off! Prepped the beef with my basic burger seasonings and started making them!

After stuffing them with a cube of cheese and some sliced pickles and making sure they were sealed tight
I wrapped them in bacon!

Smoked them for 2 hours at 240 and they were fantastic

Quite happy with the results. Definitely will make again!

Tenpoint5

Looks good. Way to think outside of the box!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Saber 4

I think I'll have to try this in the BCS so it can make it into the BCS recipe book

Tenpoint5

Looking bac ;Dk at this it hit me Onions it needs onions! ;D

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

mevswild

I added some to the burger mixture but I think your right 10 point! Will be in the rewrite for sure!

Tenpoint5

Quote from: mevswild on October 20, 2013, 07:38:07 AM
I added some to the burger mixture but I think your right 10 point! Will be in the rewrite for sure!

Lets really have some fun with it and add a small dab of catsoup and mooseturd in there! ;D

ragweed

Great idea.  They would definitely be good in the BCS!

beefmann

great  looking  bites,,, would be goos as an appitizer

Gafala

Bradley 4 rack Digital, 900 watt, Auber PID
Bradley cold smoke adapter
Char-Griller Smoking Pro BBQ Smoker with rotisserie
Brinkman Bullet Smoker
Weber 24"
Custom Hard Cure Cabinet for Salami
One Auber Master Temp monitor and two remotes with probes, up to ten remotes can be used.

mwilliams7967

I'm thinking mushrooms and Swiss with a little bit of BBQ sauce inside!! This is my next Sunday smoke!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

mevswild

Worlds your oyster with this type of stuff! Gonna try some with ground chicken seasoned with pesto
and filled with sauteed mushrooms garlic and brie!

NorthShoreMN

Those look very good, and all the modifications sound great also.
Bradley 6 digital, Bradley BCS, TSM 20 stainless, Masterbuilt 30 with cold smoke attachment, BGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Q2200,Homemade grill on trailer

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live
forever." Mahatma Gandhi

Ka Honu

STLstyle

DBS 6 Rack
Dual 500W Element Mod
BBQ Guru DigiQ / Raptor Combo