Giving Props to a Trusted Bradley dealer

Started by netrookie, June 01, 2006, 11:02:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

netrookie

I'm new to smoking and this bradley forum. I just opened up this thread to say thanks to Chez Bubba, for all of his help and info when I purchased a new digital 4 rack smoker. I will be smoking some ribs and a brisket this weekend and I will give update as to how it went.

asa

Welcome netrookie from a veteran now of almost 3 weeks as a "BS-er." I guarantee you'll have fun. Let us know how it goes.

Art
Enjoy good Southern-style smoked barbecue -- it's not just for breakfast anymore!
Play old-time music - it's better than it sounds!
     And
Please Note: The cook is not responsible for dog hair in the food!!

manxman

Welcome netrookie, be sure to post on your experiences with the new 4 rack digital model, lots of interest in this area.

Have fun. ;D
Manxman

Oldman

Ya... anyone who does there homework knows to do business with Chez....

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Arcs_n_Sparks

netrookie,

Welcome to the forum. Let us know how it goes with the new digital BS and your smoking experience.

Arcs_n_Sparks

JJC

Welcome, Netrookie!  Chez is tops in my book, too . . .
John
Newton MA

netrookie

Here is the results from my first use of my bradley digital smoker. On Sat I started of by seasoning the smoker at 150deg for about 1hr. Then I put about 2 full trays of chicken wings in the unit. I set the temp to 220deg. I did find that I could not reach the 220deg temp during the 3hrs it took to cook the chicken wings. The smoker did reach a temp of about 180deg and held that temp fine as I could see on my Maverick ready check thermometer. The chicken turned out very good the only complaint I have is that I was not able to achieve a 220 deg temperature. At that point I was ready to send the unit back because  I could not get the maximum temperature as high as I wanted, someware between 250deg and 270deg would have been great a maximum temp.  ??? ???But I decided to give the unit another chance. On sunday I prepared 2 full slabs of pork spareribs, but this time I preheated the unit to see what the maximum temp I would reach was. The smoker performed better than I expected I did reach a maxium temp of 310deg without any food in the unit. Also I see the units temp sensor is on the back panel in the middle so I decided to place the maverick temp sensor in front around the middle instead of the top like it was on sat. I loaded the ribs and started to entertain acouple of friends that had stopped by. The smoker performed perfectly it reached a temp of 220deg and was able to maintain that temp, and the temp display on the smoker and the maverick where within +- 3deg throughout the complete cooking cycle. The ribs turned out to be the best ribs I have ever cooked tender and juicy and the meat almost fell off the bone. At this point I will have to say that I'm very pleased with the bradley and I have changed my mind about sending it back.  :D :D

Habanero Smoker

Seems that your digital is functioning alright. If you do a search on chicken you will find that when smoking/cooking chicken with skin in the BS you will have a hard time getting up to your cooking temperature. Chicken skin has a lot of moisture, and when the moisture is released it will drop the temperature inside the cabinet. I guessing on this, but two trays of chicken wings probably has the same amount of skin then four whole chickens.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

netrookie

I did another smoke this weekend
I smoked a whole beef brisket and boston butt for pulled pork. The smoker performed flawlessly again and the food turned out great. I did find 2 little caveats, first the temp in the cabinet can very greatly ±15 degrees depending on where you place your remote temperature sensor and second the maximum time of 9hr and 40min. I know these are small issues but they are issues users need to know about. I will say that the timer can be reset and you can use a external timer to keep track of the total cooking time. On the issue of temperature, this appears to be consistent and with consistency you can overcome this minor complaint and produce delicious food. I'm totally happy with my smoker and I would recommend it if you are looking to get smoker.

iceman

netrookie;
Welcome to the forum and thank you for your post on the smoker. Sounds like you are on your way to some fantastic meals. Your ability to overcome the minor quirks of the new Bradleys shows the other members it's not such a big deal as some have projected it to be. Glad to hear your meals have turned out great. Keep us all up to date on your adventures of smoke cooking. Have a good one. :) ;D

icerat4

Hi kirk Hi anne.Yes im back.And will be needing your service soon as always.you guys are great.

Just another weekend with the smoker...