Hi everyone!

Started by Z7extreme, October 27, 2013, 05:43:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Z7extreme

New here from Lancaster county Pennsylvania. I've been smoking meat for three years now with a modified  propane smoker with just ok results. I just didn't have the time to constantly watch the smoker to make sure I was getting a constant temp that I wanted. Cold smoking was impossible the way it was set up.
So I finally sucked it up and bought the 6 rack Bradley smoker. I haven't used it yet but I have plans to smoke deer snack sticks, Dutch style sweet bologna and dried venison. I also told my sister in law that I would smoke a turkey for her thanksgiving dinner. We have a large family and I think I'm gonna smoke two 10lb turkeys. I need all the advice I can get on making my first turkey smoke a success.

Saber 4

Welcome from Texas, as for advice, keep your top vent open, your water bowl full of very hot water and have fun. You can spatchcock your turkey's and fit a 12 pounder on each rack and they will smoke better than whole. There are plenty of threads here on doing turkey's so do some looking and ask questions and remember we love pictures so no pictures, it didn't happen.

ragweed

Welcome to the forum from Nebraska.

NorthShoreMN

Bradley 6 digital, Bradley BCS, TSM 20 stainless, Masterbuilt 30 with cold smoke attachment, BGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Q2200,Homemade grill on trailer

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live
forever." Mahatma Gandhi

beefmann

welcome aboard and the  6 rack will handle two 10 lb turkeys, might  look at brining them before  smoking them, makes  then a  bit  juicer, Take a  look around at  our  recipe  website

here it is

http://www.susanminor.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?180-Our-Time-Tested-and-Proven-Recipes

i would get a  10 lb turkey  ahead of time and do it just to get a  feel for it, also plan for 1 hour to 1 1/2 hour per lb to help with timing, if your  turkeys get  done  early you can  FTC ( wrap the turkey in foil, wrap in towels and place in cooler ) this  will  help keep the  turkey hot for  several  hours

good  luck and welcome aboard again

Z7extreme

Thanks for the welcomes and tips on turkey smoking.