Author Topic: Still waiting  (Read 3922 times)

Offline LilSmoker

Still waiting
« on: October 31, 2013, 09:42:48 am »
Hello to all my old friends and also potential new ones too  ;)

Ok, well many of the long time members that know me, know that i'm from across the pond in England, and in England we either have to wait a long time for things to be released that all you guys already have and take in your stride, and when we do get them we always get fleeced on the price  ;D

Ok, when the propane Bradley was released a few years back, we were told that a U.K. version would follow, but not actually when it would follow?

As i was explaining to my good friend Rick (Wildcat) I have an RV now so it would be great to eat Bradley food on my travels, sure i could take my 4 rack original, but i want something that's easy to store.

So does anybody know if a propane is ever going to get to UK shores? has it already been? or no way no how?

Regards all

Steve
<<< Click Me For Great Recipes

Offline Wildcat

• Member Extraordinaire
Re: Still waiting
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2013, 12:37:45 pm »
Nice to see you back on the forum my friend. Can't answer your question about the propane smoker. Since you have been away, Bradley has also come up with a 2 rack counter top model. I have not tried one, but from what I have read from the members who have, It is primarily a hot smoker and is very limited in volume smoking. I heard it does chicken skin really well.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

Offline Saber 4

• Member Extraordinaire
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2013, 12:50:12 pm »
Welcome back and glad to meet you so to speak, I have the 4 rack DBS and the 2 rack BCS that Wildcat was mentioning, I love them both and they both have their uses. I can see taking the 2 rack in our horse trailer when we go riding/camping, it does do a great job on chicken, ribs, burgers, appetizers and such, it is more of a convection oven with smoke capabilities than a true low and slow smoker. I believe it is available worldwide now and you can check out the forum section labeled Bradley Countertop Model for the various recipes of things we have already tried and our successes and failures to see if it's something you would be interested in. I can't answer you about the propane model and I'm not even sure if it is still in production on this side of the pond. Let us know if you have any more questions about the BCS, there are several of us that have used ours a bunch since they came out, one member even used it as a smoke generator and pumped the smoke into the box it came in to create a cold smoker to do cheese.

Offline Habanero Smoker

• Member Extraordinaire
  • KCBS - Master Certified Barbecue Judge
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2013, 01:10:23 pm »
Hi Steve;

Good to see you posting again.

There was a post back in July that a member learned that the PBS was no longer being manufactured by Bradley. It is no longer listed on the North America website, so it may never reach the U.K. market.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Offline LilSmoker

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2013, 12:01:46 am »
Thank you all for the replies, the BCS looks a real handy piece of kit, and a lot less mess and setting up compared to the PBS. So definitely something for me to look into.

Many thanks Steve

Offline LilSmoker

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2013, 01:41:13 pm »
Thank you all for the replies, the BCS looks a real handy piece of kit, and a lot less mess and setting up compared to the PBS. So definitely something for me to look into.

Many thanks Steve

Hi Habs, thanks, nice to see the place still thriving, and btw, your pastrami is still legendary at our place

Offline Habanero Smoker

• Member Extraordinaire
  • KCBS - Master Certified Barbecue Judge
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2013, 01:59:07 am »

Many thanks Steve

Hi Habs, thanks, nice to see the place still thriving, and btw, your pastrami is still legendary at our place

Thanks! I'm getting ready to make some in a few days, but I'm going to be using bottom round. The price of brisket in my area is just too high for my taste. :)

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)