Smoked Deviled Eggs?

Started by Saber 4, November 01, 2013, 07:56:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saber 4

Quote from: Snoopy on December 07, 2013, 03:54:28 PM
another idea, picked it up at the dollar store was an AS SEEN ON TV thing for making hard boiled eggs. it was a little 6 pack of egg shaped containors that you crack and put the egg into and then boil, don't have to worry about shelling them afterwords. that being said, i bought it about 6 months ago and still haven't tried it

I saw something on Facebook the other day about putting the fresh eggs in shell in muffin tins and baking in the oven for easy hard boiled eggs, I asked if anyone had tried it and several trusted friends said they had. I'll see if I can find the details and post here, I'm thinking of trying it for Christmas.

Habanero Smoker

I just realized that you used retailed hardboiled eggs. I use them all the time, and they are a great time saver; especially when you are doing large amounts. I've learned that you have to rinse them off really good, to get any preservative off the eggs. The brand I get uses citric acid and sodium benzoate as the preservatives. Once that is rinsed off it taste like "fresh" hardboiled eggs, and they are perfectly cooked.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)